|By PR Newswire||
|February 13, 2013 03:51 AM EST||
BANGKOK, Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Department of International Trade Promotion, Tourism Authority of Thailand, Bangkok Bank Public Company Limited, Presents the 1st Thailand Culinary World Challenge 2013 from 2 to 3 March 2013, at Mega Bangna Complex supported by National Food Institute by Ministry of Industry Thailand, Thai Chef Association, Thailand Culinary Academy, Morakot satisfaction guaranteed and Foodstylist Magazine. Emphasizing to promote Thai cuisine and culture, and expand to international market, the event is created for the first time in the world and will include the professional chefs from 15 countries around the world.
"Regarding current government policy, H.E. Boonsong Tepiyapirom, Minister of Commerce Thailand has emphasized 'Thailand: Kitchen to the World' strategy to enhance Thai food image upon quality, safety, appearance and taste which could increase Thai food market share up to 1 trillion US Dollars or 21% market expansion which somehow is a result of continuously growing world population. Amidst intense competition of world food market, Thailand must urge for product development and in-depth market expansion in order to effectively push forward Thai food export to a satisfied expectation. This could be done through value-added process, product differentiation and product leverage by trying to avoid price cutting strategy," stated Director General Department of International Trade Promotion, Mrs. Srirat Rastapana.
Each team of competiPhoto - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130213/HK59527LOGOtion will include 2 professional chefs from 15 countries: Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, India, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Dubai, Philippines, China, Hong Kong, Czech Republic, the United States of America and Australia with a total of 30 chefs. The highlight activities are the launch of Thai selected ingredient named "Thai Select" by Department of International Trade Promotion, International cooking competition by making use of Thai ingredient, and the Thai puppet show by Joe Louis on 2 March 2013. Another highlight will be Thai cooking competition by making use of Thai ingredient on 3 March 2013. The closing ceremony and gala dinner "The 5th Spirits of Taste" will be held on 5 March 2013 with the Thai cooking show by 5 Thai master chefs.
For more information please contact:
Irin (+66) 2678 1401/ (+66) 81 808 7551,
SOURCE Foodstylist Co., Ltd.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks