|By PR Newswire||
|February 13, 2013 03:01 AM EST||
- Quantum3D Showcasing ExpeditionDI - First Wearable and Fully-Immersive Simulator Training Platform - at Defense Exhibition in Abu Dhabi
SAN JOSE, California, Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Quantum3D, Inc., a leading provider of visual computing solutions for government and commercial applications, today announced its award-winning ExpeditionDI, the industry's first self-contained, wearable and fully-immersive close combat infantry simulator training platform, will be on display during IDEX in Abu Dhabi from Feb. 17-21. Quantum3D will be demonstrating three ExpeditionDI systems at Sofia Trading's booth (stand 04-A11).
"We're very excited to be showcasing ExpeditionDI at IDEX for the first time," said Wade Guindy, president, Quantum3D. "IDEX is one of the largest defense exhibitions in the world, providing an ideal venue for military and security professionals from the Middle East and North America to see the benefits of ExpeditionDI in person."
Designed to deliver a realistic, immersive 3D training experience, ExpeditionDI is deployable on-base or in-theater for individual or squad-based training, as well as large scale joint training operations. It is equipped with a high-resolution Head Mounted Display (HMD) and fully integrated wearable computing pack to respond simultaneously to multiple body and weapon movements. These advanced technologies enable an infantry squad to move through and interact in a virtual environment while fighting and communicating as they would in a real-world combat situation. For added flexibility, ExpeditionDI is an open architecture platform for a limitless amount of virtual locations and training scenarios.
Quantum3D, Inc. is a leading developer and manufacturer of Commercial-off-the-Shelf (COTS), open-architecture, real-time visual computing solutions. Quantum3D combines the most advanced hardware and software systems for graphics simulation in a variety of markets and implementations - image generation; tactical computing for avionics; vehicle and man-wearable applications; synthetic environments; graphics subsystems; and other COTS solutions. Quantum3D is a privately-held company headquartered in San Jose, California. For more information about Quantum3D real-time visual computing solutions, please visit www.quantum3d.com.
Quantum3D, the Quantum3D logo, are registered trademarks or registered trademarks of Quantum3D. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London