|By PR Newswire||
|February 13, 2013 02:01 AM EST||
LONDON, February 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
A novel self storage concept, launched by the Streetcar car club founder, Brett Akker, is to go national following a successful six month pilot scheme.
LoveSpace's unique 'mailstorage' concept, found at http://www.LoveSpace.co.uk, is aimed at consumers who want to de-clutter their lives, but avoid the often sizeable minimum costs associated with traditional self storage.
Uniquely, LoveSpace sends customers the boxes and packaging free of charge; they pack these in their own homes and LoveSpace picks them up and transports them to its secure regional warehouse, again free of charge. Customers can store as little, or as much as they wish, since the space is measured in terms of boxes rather than storage areas.
Convenience and competitive pricing are at the heart of this new take on the traditional storage industry. Brett Akker, chairman of LoveSpace, commented: "The LoveSpace service is totally hassle-free and will appeal to a whole new breed of customers, both personal and business. Mailstorage will suit anyone who wants to de-clutter their home (for example, storing seasonal clothing and sports equipment); anyone going abroad for a period, people who may be downsizing their property and landlords letting out their properties."
Juanita Matthews needed to store her household belongings for four months while she moved in with friends. She said: "I love this concept, it's much more convenient than the alternatives and I don't have to worry about getting hold of a vehicle to transport my belongings to a storage location - it's all done for me!"
One of the key attractions is that customers do not have to make long-term commitments to pay for storage spaces that may be larger than needed. Akker explains: "They only pay for the actual boxes they store, rather than a whole storage room which may be only half full. In this way, customers can make substantial savings. At just £4.95 a box, it will generally be far more cost effective to use LoveSpace if you're storing anything under 15 boxes - and in some areas of the UK, where traditional self storage costs are higher, it is cost effective for many more than that. We also offer discounts for bulk storage so we can be competitive across the board."
Even those wishing to store only two boxes per month, for example, can save at least £40 per month over traditional self storage, as well as making savings associated with the free packaging materials and free transportation to the LoveSpace storage facility.
Other benefits include the rapid return of stored items. Providing LoveSpace is informed before 3pm, Monday to Friday, boxes will be back with their owners by the following day (excluding Sundays). Boxes are stored in a secure storage facility in the UK and pricing includes £100 of insurance cover for each box, including transit and storage. There are no additional charges for this cover.
For media enquiries, images or interviews, please call Louise Evans, LoveSpace PR, on +44(0)7891-242476
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London