|By PR Newswire||
|February 13, 2013 12:31 AM EST||
MUMBAI, February 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Intimating a claim for your motor insurance policy has now become a lot more convenient. ICICI Lombard's Motor Insurance mobile app allows customers to intimate a claim directly through the company's mobile app 'Insure'. The customer needs to simply download the app on his/her mobile phone or tablet device, take a picture of the damaged vehicle, communicate his version of the accident/damage through a voice recording facility within the app and send the claim intimation from the app itself.
This is the first time in India that any general insurer is offering claim intimation facility through a mobile app. Secondly, the app allows customers to locate the nearest network garage, hospital or ICICI Lombard branch through special geo-tagging software embedded in the app itself - another unique feature of the 'Insure' app.
The app will be available to customers using smart phones/tablets running on Google's 'Android' as well as Apple's 'iOS' platform. It has been developed in-house by the ICICI Lombard IT team in its entirety.
Apart from the claim intimation, the mobile app allows customers the following benefits:
- Buy or renew a car insurance policy of ICICI Lombard anytime of the day from anywhere.
- Locate the nearest motor garage, hospital or ICICI Lombard branch from the app itself. This facility will enable customers to seek immediate help at the accident spot itself thereby saving precious time.
- Track the status of claim intimated in the past in terms of reimbursement, etc.
- Obtain details of the various insurance policies purchased from ICICI Lombard including Motor Insurance, Health insurance online, Home insurance as well as International Travel insurance.
- Connect with the 24-hour call centre of ICICI Lombard 18002666 directly from the mobile app.
- Set reminders for motor vehicle insurance policy renewal.
Commenting on the occasion, Mr. N Eswarnatarajan, Chief - Operations & Technology, ICICI Lombard General Insurance said, "We are delighted to have introduced this unique end to end app for our motor insurance customers. This app will empower our customers to intimate a motor insurance claim anytime and from anywhere. In addition, they can locate the nearest network garage and hospital thus getting all necessary help right from their mobile device on an immediate basis. We are sure that the app will add to our customer service standards and offer convenience to our large base of customers."
ICICI Lombard is India's largest private sector General Insurance Company as well as the market leader in the motor insurance segment.
About ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Ltd.
ICICI Lombard GIC Ltd. is a joint venture between ICICI Bank Limited, India's second largest bank with consolidated total assets of over USD 91 billion at March 31, 2012 and Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited, a Canada-based USD 30 billion diversified financial services company engaged in general insurance, reinsurance, insurance claims management and investment management.
ICICI Lombard GIC Ltd. is the largest private sector general insurance company in India with a Gross Written Premium (GWP) of Rs. 5,358 crore for the year ended March 31, 2012. The company issued over 76 lakh policies and settled over 44 lakh claims and has a claim disposal ratio of 99% (percentage of claims settled against claims reported) as on March 31, 2012.
The company has been conferred the "Golden Peacock Award 2012" for Corporate Social Responsibility, "Golden Peacock Innovation Award-2010" for Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana. It also received the "Skoch Financial Inclusion Award-2011" in the micro finance category. The company has been conferred with 'NASSCOM - CNBC TV18 IT User Award 2010' for Best Technology Implementation in the Insurance Sector. It has been awarded CNBC Awaaz Consumer Award 2010 for being the 'most preferred brand' in the General Insurance category. ICICI Lombard Auto Insurance has been rated highest in customer satisfaction by J.D. Power Asia Pacific in India among 11 auto insurance providers. It was awarded Customer and Brand Loyalty award in the 'Insurance Sector - Non-Life' at the 3rd Loyalty awards, 2010 and the 'General Insurance Company of the Year' at the 11th Asia Insurance Industry Awards.
ICICI Lombard allows instant policy issuance and renewal through its website http://www.icicilombard.com for all retail online insurance products including Car Insurance India, Health Insurance, Travel Insurance, Two Wheeler Insurance and Home Insurance. There are multiple payment options available including internet banking, credit card, debit card and cash card.
For more details about the company, log on to the website http://www.icicilombard.com
Primary Media Contact: Sulakshna Mukherjee, email@example.com, 91-99204 04708
Secondary Media Contact: Suheil Merchant, firstname.lastname@example.org, 91-96191 85081
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher