|By PR Newswire||
|February 12, 2013 11:05 PM EST||
Now is the time to bring innovative reform to address the challenges facing the millions in his country living in poverty
ALEXANDRIA, Va., Feb. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Rev. Larry Snyder, President of Catholic Charities USA (CCUSA) responds to the President's annual State of the Union address:
"As the tenor of debate in our nation's capital remains divisive and polarizing, it is important to recognize those issues and initiatives central to the lives of Americans in need that could offer opportunities for our nation's leaders to fulfill their moral responsibility to the nation through bipartisan cooperation and compromise. President Obama outlined a series of potential issues that could fulfill that promise in this evening's State of the Union speech, including increased access to quality education and job training, action on immigration reform, and important improvements to our nation's infrastructure.
"Every day our network of local agencies sees first-hand the struggles facing too many Americans who are finding it impossible to make ends meet, despite hard work and continued efforts to achieve their own American dream by building their own ladders to opportunity.
"While we recognize that the economic challenges facing this country are great, addressing education, workforce development, immigration and infrastructure is vital to not only the strength of our nation's economy, but the strength of our nation's people. Now is the time for our country's leaders to work together to bring innovative reform to address the challenges facing more than 46 million individuals living in poverty across the country."
About Catholic Charities USA
Catholic Charities USA is the national office for Catholic Charities agencies and affiliates nationwide. As a professional association and social justice movement, Catholic Charities USA supports local Catholic Charities as they provide help and create hope for over 10 million people each year regardless of religious, social, or economic backgrounds. Please visit www.catholiccharitiesusa.org for additional information.
SOURCE Catholic Charities USA
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher