|By Marketwired .||
|February 12, 2013 07:00 PM EST||
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/12/13 -- QuickLogic Corporation (NASDAQ: QUIK)
- Provides inter-processor communication between application and baseband processors
- Adds custom logic for keypad scanning and other functions
- Platform enables multiple generations of products
QuickLogic Corporation (NASDAQ: QUIK), the innovator in low-power Customer Specific Standard Products (CSSPs), today announced that its smart connectivity CSSP Solution has been selected by Kyocera Corporation, Inc. for the company's HoneyBee® 5 series of Personal HandyPhone (PHS) phones. The QuickLogic solution was chosen for its ability to support inter-processor communication between the application and PHS baseband processor, as well as the integration of additional discrete logic, resulting in a smaller overall footprint and lower power consumption.
Kyocera was able to take advantage of QuickLogic's turnkey customization services which enabled Kyocera to get a custom design completed without expending the company's own engineering resources, while still achieving a short development cycle and fast time-to-market.
"We are delighted to build on our existing relationship with Kyocera and to partner with the company on its CSSP needs. The use of a connectivity solution for mobile phones continues to demonstrate that QuickLogic's CSSP approach is beneficial to customers for a wide range of applications within the mobile and handheld device marketplace," said Brian Faith, vice president of worldwide sales and marketing at QuickLogic.
The Kyocera HoneyBee 5 series of PHS phones has been announced by Willcom in Japan. For more information on other CSSP solutions, please contact QuickLogic at email@example.com.
QuickLogic Corporation (NASDAQ: QUIK) is the inventor and pioneer of innovative, customizable semiconductor solutions for mobile and portable electronics OEMs and ODMs. These silicon plus software solutions are called Customer Specific Standard Products (CSSPs). CSSPs enable our customers to bring their products to market more quickly and remain in the market longer, with the low power, cost and size demanded by the mobile and portable electronics market. For more information about QuickLogic and CSSPs, visit www.quicklogic.com
QuickLogic is a registered trademark and the QuickLogic logo is a trademark of QuickLogic Corporation. All other brands or trademarks are the property of their respective holders and should be treated as such.
HoneyBee is a registered trademark of Kyocera Corporation.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks