|By PR Newswire||
|February 12, 2013 02:14 PM EST||
CHICAGO, Feb. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- A one-day conference to prepare and update municipalities on the latest science and economic effects of the emerald ash borer infestation (EAB) will be conducted March 7 at the Northern Illinois University Hoffman Estates campus. Institutions from three states are supporting the conference which is designed to accelerate the delivery of EAB data and science to municipalities with the greatest need.
Institute for Work And the Economy and The Regional Development Institute at Northern Illinois University will host the conference. The conference will review current EAB management approaches, and provide municipalities a pathway to determine financially-based approaches. Confirmed speakers include Dr. Deb McCullough, Michigan State University, Dr. Fred Miller, Morton Arboretum and Dr. Peter Creticos, Institute for Work and the Economy.
The conference steering committee will summarize and publish conference content and proceedings which will be available from the supporting institutions. The full-day conference will include lunch.
About the Emerald Ash Borer Management Conference:
There is no charge to attend Emerald Ash Borer Management: New Approaches To Defend Municipal Budgets but space is limited and registration is required. For information on the conference write to EABConference@sbcglobal.net or call 312-280-8706 Institutions supporting the conference include: Illinois Municipal League; League of Wisconsin Municipalities; Metro Counties of Illinois; Morton Arboretum; Quad City Botanical Center; South Suburban Mayors & Managers; Starhill Forest Arboretum (Illinois College); Taltree Arboretum; University of Wisconsin-Madison Arboretum; Tree Care Industry Association.
SOURCE Emerald Ash Borer Management Conference
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London