|By PR Newswire||
|February 12, 2013 01:07 PM EST||
APOLLO, Pa., Feb 12, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The following is being released by Institute for Research: Middle Eastern Policy:
A free video of Grant F. Smith discussing key findings from his 2012 book, "Divert! NUMEC, Zalman Shapiro, and the Diversion of US Weapons-Grade Uranium into the Israeli Nuclear Weapons Program" is now available. "The NUMEC Cover-up" may be streamed from both YouTube http://youtu.be/MlPsC8sOmRA and Vimeo https://vimeo.com/59444018 .
Smith's presentation included 130 slides covering NUMEC's founders, record losses of bomb-grade nuclear material, the FBI's investigation of NUMEC's joint venture with a front company for Israel's nuclear weapons program, and the ongoing clandestine interactions of NUMEC executives with Israeli intelligence and covert nuclear weapons program operatives.
Smith also unveiled a major new public effort to declassify all remaining CIA, NSA, Justice Department and National Security Council files revealing how American presidents quietly grappled with NUMEC as a proliferation and safeguards issue from the LBJ to the Carter administrations. The website http://EndAmbiguity.com allows members of the public to lend their names to Freedom of Information Act requests aimed at overturning broad U.S. censorship of government information about Israel's nuclear arsenal. The IRmep-hosted event took place at the Parks Township Volunteer Fire Hall. Parks Township, Pennsylvania is currently undergoing at $500 million taxpayer-funded toxic cleanup of NUMEC.
"The NUMEC Cover-up" also discusses 250 additional pages about NUMEC obtained from the National Archives on January 23. Available from IRmep's Israel Lobby Archive, the files detail the Carter administration's use of thousands of CIA documents in an attempt to finally prosecute NUMEC perpetrators. Available at: http://www.IRmep.org/ila/numec/01232013_Carter_Admin_DOJ_file.pdf
- 4/25/1979 Attorney General memo that the Internal Security Section "completed a detailed review of thousands of CIA documents..." necessitating further FBI investigations. (p. 1)
- 4/17/1979 Deputy AG memo that "the CIA had a substantial number of documents of relevance to this case." (p. 3)
- Withdrawal sheets of sensitive material made at the request of the Justice Department in 2012, including a letter from President Jimmy Carter.
Despite compelling evidence of wrongdoing, the Carter administration neither prosecuted responsible parties nor passed investigation files on to the Reagan administration, perhaps in the interest of preserving Camp David peace accords or preserving the civilian nuclear industry. "The NUMEC Cover-up" details IRmep's quest for scores of secret files on the Israeli nuclear arsenal.
SOURCE Institute for Research: Middle Eastern Policy
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks