|By Business Wire||
|February 12, 2013 08:10 AM EST||
E*TRADE Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: ETFC) today released its Monthly Activity Report for January 2013.
Daily Average Revenue Trades (“DARTs”) for January were 153,580, an 18 percent increase from December and a six percent increase from the year-ago period. The Company added 31,286 gross new brokerage accounts in January, ending the month with approximately 2.9 million brokerage accounts – an increase of 9,127 from December. Total accounts ended the month at approximately 4.5 million.
Net new brokerage assets were positive $1.0 billion in the month. During the month, customer security holdings increased by 3.7 percent, or $5.1 billion, and brokerage-related cash increased by $0.3 billion to $34.2 billion, while customers were net buyers of approximately $0.3 billion in securities. Bank-related cash and deposits decreased by $0.2 billion, ending the month at $6.9 billion.
Monthly Activity Data
|Jan-13||Dec-12||Jan-12||% Chg. M/M||% Chg. Y/Y|
|DARTs||153,580||129,756||145,390||18.4 %||5.6 %|
|Gross new brokerage accounts||31,286||31,608||30,298||(1.0)%||3.3 %|
|Gross new stock plan accounts||21,310||22,410||29,569||(4.9)%||(27.9)%|
|Gross new banking accounts||980||742||1,525||32.1 %||(35.7)%|
|Total gross new accounts||53,576||54,760||61,392||(2.2)%||(12.7)%|
|Net new brokerage accounts||9,127||8,131||10,041||N.M.||N.M.|
|Net new stock plan accounts||9,114||10,080||18,234||N.M.||N.M.|
|Net new banking accounts||(2,841)||(2,689)||(2,478)||N.M.||N.M.|
|Net new accounts||15,400||15,522||25,797||N.M.||N.M.|
|End of period brokerage accounts||2,912,318||2,903,191||2,793,053||0.3 %||4.3 %|
|End of period stock plan accounts||1,156,708||1,147,594||1,088,648||0.8 %||6.3 %|
|End of period banking accounts||426,431||429,272||461,090||(0.7)%||(7.5)%|
|End of period total accounts||4,495,457||4,480,057||4,342,791||0.3 %||3.5 %|
Customer Assets ($B)
|Security holdings||$||143.8||$||138.7||$||126.5||3.7 %||13.7 %|
|Customer payables (cash)||5.1||5.0||6.1||2.0 %||(16.4)%|
|Customer cash balances held by third parties(1)||9.3||7.6||3.6||22.4 %||158.3 %|
|Unexercised stock plan customer options (vested)||25.2||21.5||22.1||17.2 %||14.0 %|
|Customer assets in brokerage and stock plan accounts||183.4||172.8||158.3||6.1 %||15.9 %|
|Sweep deposits||19.8||21.3||19.3||(7.0)%||2.6 %|
|Savings, transaction and other||6.9||7.1||7.8||(2.8)%||(11.5)%|
|Customer assets in banking accounts||26.7||28.4||27.1||(6.0)%||(1.5)%|
|Total customer assets||$||210.1||$||201.2||$||185.4||4.4 %||13.3 %|
|Net new brokerage assets ($B)(2)||$||1.0||$||1.2||$||0.7||N.M.||N.M.|
|Net new banking assets ($B)(2)||(0.2)||0.0||(0.1)||N.M.||N.M.|
|Net new customer assets ($B)(2)||$||0.8||$||1.2||$||0.6||N.M.||N.M.|
|Brokerage related cash ($B)||$||34.2||$||33.9||$||29.0||0.9 %||17.9 %|
|Other customer cash and deposits ($B)||6.9||7.1||7.8||(2.8)%||(11.5)%|
|Total customer cash and deposits ($B)||$||41.1||$||41.0||$||36.8||0.2 %||11.7 %|
|Customer net (purchase) / sell activity ($B)||$||(0.3)||$||1.1||$||0.9||N.M.||N.M.|
(1) Customer cash balances held by third parties are held outside E*TRADE Financial and include money market funds and sweep deposit accounts at unaffiliated financial institutions.
(2) Net new customer assets are total inflows to all new and existing customer accounts less total outflows from all closed and existing customer accounts. The net new banking assets and net new brokerage assets metrics treat asset flows between E*TRADE entities in the same manner as unrelated third party accounts.
Historical metrics and financials can be found on E*TRADE Financial’s investor relations website at https://investor.etrade.com.
About E*TRADE Financial
The E*TRADE Financial family of companies provides financial services including online brokerage and related banking products and services to retail investors. Specific business segments include Trading and Investing and Balance Sheet Management. Securities products and services are offered by E*TRADE Securities LLC (Member FINRA/SIPC). Bank products and services are offered by E*TRADE Bank, a Federal savings bank, Member FDIC, or its subsidiaries. More information is available at www.etrade.com.
E*TRADE Financial, E*TRADE and the E*TRADE logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of E*TRADE Financial Corporation. ETFC-G
© 2013 E*TRADE Financial Corporation. All rights reserved.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London