|By Business Wire||
|February 12, 2013 06:35 AM EST||
ExaGrid Systems, Inc.:
The market for disk backup with deduplication is approaching $3 billion in annual revenues, as many organizations are considering moving to disk-based backup with deduplication. What many of these organizations do not realize is that, depending on the disk backup architecture a company chooses, it could either improve backups or experience 10 potential pitfalls that could negatively impact their backup and recovery systems for years. The more these organizations know up front about the long term implications of their decisions when implementing a disk backup system, the more likely they can avoid these serious consequences. Through this webinar, attendees will learn the many factors to consider before investing in disk backup with deduplication and hear real-life examples from TenCate’s experiences.
This webinar will provide attendees with insight into the key disk backup challenges and how to overcome them. Jayme Williams, senior systems engineer at TenCate, will share his company’s experience with upgrading its backup environment twice--first from tape to an EMC Data Domain disk backup with deduplication system, and then after experiencing pitfalls, to a disk backup with deduplication system from ExaGrid. This allowed his company to avoid a costly and unexpected forklift upgrade of its Data Domain system. Williams will be joined by Marc Crespi, ExaGrid’s vice president of product management. Together they will discuss:
- Key technical attributes to assess in disk backup with deduplication systems
- Questions to ask to avoid mistakes and solve backup problems permanently
How to avoid problems including:
- Ever-expanding backup windows as data grows
- Expensive forklift upgrades within months or years
- Reduced productivity due to longer restores and critical system downtime
Tuesday, February 12, 2013 – 11:00 a.m. EST – Duration: 1 Hour
To attend, register in advance at: http://event.on24.com/r.htm?e=569269&s=1&k=F3034289C133670E03F90C084D718E49&partnerref=pr
ExaGrid offers the only disk-based backup appliance with data deduplication purpose-built for backup that leverages a unique architecture optimized for performance, scalability and price. ExaGrid is the only solution that combines compute with capacity and a unique landing zone to permanently shorten backup windows, eliminate expensive forklift upgrades, achieve the fastest full system restores and tape copies, and rapidly restore files, VMs and objects in minutes. With offices and distribution worldwide, ExaGrid has more than 5,200 systems installed at more than 1,600 customers, and more than 320 published customer success stories. For more information, contact ExaGrid at 800-868-6985 or visit www.exagrid.com. Visit “ExaGrid’s Eye on Deduplication” blog: http://blog.exagrid.com/.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?