|By JCN Newswire||
|February 12, 2013 12:22 AM EST||
Tokyo, Feb 12, 2013 - (JCN Newswire) - NEC Corporation's (NEC; TSE: 6701) "GAZIRU" image recognition technologies have been adopted by Hakuhodo Inc., one of Japan's leading advertising companies, for its "Kokoku +" advertising service, scheduled to launch on February 18.
The GAZIRU service displays detailed information on photos taken with the built-in cameras of smartphones by using NEC's independently developed, highly accurate image recognition engine to match new pictures with image data that was previously registered on the cloud or within a device.
Kokoku + is a new advertising service from Hakuhodo that drives customers to its clients' Web sites and stores by leveraging GAZIRU technologies to enable smartphones to recognize television commercials, product packaging and print-based media. Users simply download the Kokoku + application to their smartphone, then gain access to product information, sales campaign information and coupons by taking photos of television commercials, newspaper/magazine advertisements, signs and posters that support the service.
Going forward, NEC will continue to promote GAZIRU as a base for innovative new advertising services. Moreover, NEC aims to apply these technologies beyond the advertising field, in order to create new value-added solutions and services that capitalize on image data, big data and contribute to a wide range of industries.
NEC will showcase the GAZIRU image recognition service and Hakuhodo's Kokoku + in Hall 3, Stand 3B4 at Mobile World Congress 2013 in Barcelona, Spain, from February 25 - 28, 2013.
About NEC Corporation
NEC Corporation (TSE: 6701) is a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people around the world. By providing a combination of products and solutions that cross utilize the company's experience and global resources, NEC's advanced technologies meet the complex and ever-changing needs of its customers. NEC brings more than 100 years of expertise in technological innovation to empower people, businesses and society. For more information, visit NEC at http://www.nec.com.
Source: NEC Corporation
Takehiko Kato NEC Corporation +81-3-3798-6511 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Joseph Jasper NEC Corporation +81-3-3798-6511 E-Mail: email@example.com
Copyright 2013 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. www.japancorp.net
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks