|By JCN Newswire||
|February 12, 2013 12:17 AM EST||
The wireless digitization of systems for new trains helps to ensure their safe operation within the crowded scheduling of the Tokyo metropolitan area.
Traditionally, in order for trains from different railway operators to run compatibly on each other's lines, each train had to be equipped with multiple wireless systems.
This new system enables different railway operators to use a single wireless device, whose specifications and software can be easily updated for each train. These are the first systems that share specifications between different railway operators as part of minimizing the amount of equipment required for a trains wireless systems and ensuring their efficient operation.
Furthermore, the introduction of this system also facilitates an easier transition from existing analog systems to digital systems, which support superior audio and data transmissions.
As a result, instructions from the control center as well as train service information can be provided more accurately and more quickly to monitors positioned in locations such as the conductor's cabin and passenger areas.
The software-defined radio adopted by this system utilizes globally standardized Software Communication Architecture (SCA).
Going forward, NEC aims to continue driving the adoption on "Digital Train Wireless Systems" as part of contributing to the safety of railway operations throughout the world.
NEC Digital Train Wireless Systems:
About NEC Corporation
NEC Corporation (TSE: 6701) is a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people around the world. By providing a combination of products and solutions that cross utilize the company's experience and global resources, NEC's advanced technologies meet the complex and ever-changing needs of its customers. NEC brings more than 100 years of expertise in technological innovation to empower people, businesses and society. For more information, visit NEC at http://www.nec.com.
Source: NEC Corporation
Seiichiro Toda NEC Corporation +81-3-3798-6511 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Joseph Jasper NEC Corporation +81-3-3798-6511 E-Mail: email@example.com
Copyright 2013 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. www.japancorp.net
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks