|By Marketwired .||
|February 11, 2013 08:00 PM EST||
CALGARY, ALBERTA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/12/13 -- A Calgary writer, speaker and online magazine publisher has launched a new website on mental illness: DepressionFree.com.
"If Bell Canada was running their national 'Let's Talk about mental illness' campaign when I suffered from depression, I believe I would have sought help much sooner," says Judy Rushfeldt, publisher of DepressionFree.com.
Judy hopes the DepressionFree.com website will help others recover.
"DepressionFree.com is the result of my own journey with mental illness. To overcome depression, we need to do something about it - talking is the first step. Then we must reach out for support. That's where the healing begins."
"For depression sufferers, taking the first step is often the hardest," says Judy. "I battled depression for many years before getting help. My misconceptions about depression, combined with the public stigma, kept me from reaching out. My passion for DepressionFree.com is to provide information and resources that will help others take that next step."
At any given time, almost three million Canadians are experiencing serious depression. Yet two in three suffer in silence.
"Hearing the stories of others who have journeyed through depression can make a difference between suffering in silence and seeking help. There is hope."
DepressionFree.com provides information on depression, and a resources section with links to mental health associations that people can contact to access resources in their own community.
The next phase, commencing in March, will be a series of webinars on depression.
Judy Rushfeldt is an author, speaker, entrepreneur, and online magazine publisher. As a once long-time sufferer of depression, Judy knows what it takes to overcome this seemingly never ending disease. There is hope. Visit DepressionFree.com for more information.
For more information or interviews, contact Judy Rushfeldt.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks