|By PR Newswire||
|February 11, 2013 06:30 PM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- With the Fed creating huge quantities of dollars in an attempt to kick-start the economy, many economists fear it could lead to spiralling inflation and the eventual collapse of the dollar.
The Inflation Hub (http://www.inflationhub.com), a platform for discussions and education on inflation, has set in motion the debate on whether QE could lead to hyperinflation in the US.
Many economists have been alarmed by the scale of the Fed's balance sheet, which has tripled since 2007. The Inflation Hub notes that inflation has remained subdued, with CPI currently at 1.7%, although inflationary expectations have been rising in recent months.
As central banks globally fight to devalue their currencies the risk of inflationary spikes has risen substantially. Most cases of hyperinflation occur when governments abuse their trust and monopoly over currency issuance. With US debt levels soon to surpass the previous record set during the second world war and the economy failing to recover, it is unlikely that money printing will end any time soon. Will history be repeated?
SOURCE Inflation Hub
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher