|By PR Newswire||
|February 11, 2013 04:59 PM EST||
BIRMINGHAM, Ala., Feb. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Golf Academy of America (GAA), the world's largest and longest-running two-year golf career college, announced today that Jim Hart was recently named as its new president. Previous president Mike Largent will continue to serve in an executive role for Education Corporation of America (ECA), whose educational properties include GAA, Ecotech Institute, Virginia College, Culinard, the Culinary Institute of Virginia College and New England College of Business and Finance.
Hart holds a bachelor's degree from the University of Florida, where he lettered in golf three of his four years, and a masters degree in management from Webster University. Before coming to GAA, Hart served as tournament director and then CEO of the Carolinas Section PGA and in 2000 became president of Fair Way Golf Management, LLC, a company that owned multiple golf facilities throughout the Carolinas.
Hart joined ECA in 2008 as campus director of GAA's Myrtle Beach campus and will continue in that position while serving as GAA president.
Hart will be responsible for GAA's five campuses nationwide located in Myrtle Beach, S.C., Orlando, Fla., Dallas, Texas, Phoenix, Ariz., and San Diego, Calif. and the more than 1,000 students who are enrolled in the 16-month golf career training program. He will also oversee 45 PGA professionals and four PGA master professionals, the largest collection of PGA-certified faculty and staff of any career golf college in the country.
"We are thrilled to offer Jim this position," said Tom Moore, president and chief executive officer of ECA. "His extensive experience in the golf industry shapes all he does and we regard him as an exemplary individual to lead Golf Academy of America to new heights. Our mission is to ensure that our graduates are prepared to meet the needs of employers across the golf industry and Jim's skills and background speak for themselves in that regard."
SOURCE Golf Academy of America
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks