|By PR Newswire||
|February 11, 2013 12:45 PM EST||
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich., Feb. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Grand Rapids, Mich.-based software developer Blue Medora, a leader in helping companies extend the monitoring and management capabilities of leading systems management solutions Oracle and IBM, announced the release of a much-anticipated update to its Oracle Enterprise Manager plugin for VMware.
The plugin is the first of its kind, addressing the needs of the growing number of companies that are moving more of their IT infrastructure to cloud-based solutions for better flexibility and efficiency. The plugin extends the Oracle Enterprise Manager environment by providing IT admins and DBAs a much deeper view into their systems virtualized through VMware than they currently have.
"We have been working with companies for years to develop software products that help them to get the most out of their enterprise management solutions, including Oracle Enterprise Manager," said Nathan Owen, Blue Medora CEO. "The Blue Medora Oracle Enterprise Manager plugin for VMware addresses a significant need in the marketplace for Oracle IT administrators who are using VMware as part of their virtualization solution by breaking through the wall to give them a deep view into their virtualized system through VMware."
Owen said the Blue Medora Oracle Enterprise Manager Plugin for VMware Feature Pack 1 is a market-driven release and includes features designed to maximize Oracle Enterprise Manager users' VMware functionality. The FP1 release includes:
- A revamped user interface designed to provide a uniquely Oracle-centric view into the status and performance of VMware Virtual Machines, Hypervisor, and Datastore virtualization layers from a single view.
- Automatic detection of Oracle Workloads running on managed virtual machines along with key performance statistics for a seamless experience between Oracle and non-Oracle assets.
- Out-of-the-box expert recommendations and configurable thresholds tailored to the Oracle administrator's individual preferences that help quickly solve performance issues and virtualization incidents.
"Systems management is rapidly changing, with more companies deploying cloud-based solutions like VMware as part of their infrastructure," said Owen. "Blue Medora is a game changer for the market because we can provide seamless integration between Oracle Enterprise Manager and critical virtualization systems and give organizations the full view of what is happening across their IT infrastructure."
Blue Medora Enterprise Manager Plug-in for VMware is priced according to the number of virtual machines to be monitored or managed. Blue Medora is also currently offering a limited number of free perpetual licenses for up to 12 virtual machines, including support and maintenance for 12 months, to companies interested in test-driving Blue Medora in their current Oracle Enterprise Manager environment.
Based in Grand Rapids, Mich., Blue Medora has developed a range of validated/certified integration products that extend the monitoring and management capabilities of IBM and Oracle's market-leading systems management platforms to the world's leading cloud, virtualization, ERP, CRM, enterprise directory, and messaging software. For more information, visit http://www.bluemedora.com.
SOURCE Blue Medora
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher