|By Business Wire||
|February 11, 2013 09:04 AM EST||
Click to Tweet: Veeam Backup Cloud Edition: The #1 VM Backup Solution is Now Cloud Ready
- Veeam Software, innovative provider of backup, replication and virtualization management solutions for VMware vSphere and Windows Server Hyper-V, announced that, with the immediate availability of Veeam Backup Cloud Edition, the #1 VM backup solution is now cloud ready.
- Veeam Backup Cloud Edition turns every leading public storage cloud into an easy-to-use data repository for backups, providing a powerful and affordable alternative to tape and traditional offsite backup storage.
- Veeam Backup Cloud Edition is cloud-agnostic, with support for 15 different public storage clouds including Windows Azure, Amazon S3, Amazon Glacier, Rackspace and HP Cloud (as well as support for additional clouds built on OpenStack).
Key benefits of the solution include:
- Automated: Copying of local backups to the cloud occurs automatically on a scheduled basis.
- Secure: Backups to the cloud are compressed, deduplicated, and protected with up to AES 256-bit encryption.
- Job notifications: Emailed reports keep IT informed on backups copied to the cloud.
- Cloud cost estimation: Set up cost estimates per cloud and specify limits by GB or dollar.
- Bandwidth scheduling: Control bandwidth in real time and schedule limits to ensure availability during working hours.
- Simple set-up: No need to learn cloud storage APIs; simply enter the chosen cloud’s credentials into Cloud Edition.
- Non-disruptive: No interruption or impact to local backup or recovery operations.
- Annual subscription licensing: No capital expenditure.
- Software solution: No additional hardware required.
- Incremental: Pay only for the cloud storage used.
Karri Alexion-Tiernan, Director, Server and Tools Marketing, Microsoft
“The Windows Azure cloud platform can provide IT organizations with an affordable and highly available alternative to managing offsite backup storage repositories and tape backups. We’re pleased to work with Veeam to make it easy for small to mid-sized organizations to take advantage of the Windows Azure cloud.”
Jason Buffington, Senior Analyst for Data Protection, Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG)
“Improving backup and increased virtualization continue to be top planned IT investments in 2013, which is just one of the reasons for Veeam’s success. Veeam was among the first to directly address the unique protection challenges of highly virtualized environments, and they have demonstrated an appetite to grow beyond those first successes and continue innovating. Today, every IT conversation seems to have cloud-considerations in it. So it should come as no surprise that Veeam would be among the first vendors to pull it all together in providing a simple, powerful solution for copying VM backups to the cloud.”
Eric Sheppard, Research Director, Storage Software, IDC
"Many customers see offsite backup as a necessary component for their data protection and recovery strategy but stop short of actual implementation because they see acquiring and managing an offsite repository as too expensive and complicated. Veeam Backup Cloud Edition helps to address these types of barriers to adoption of cloud technology by making it easier for their customers to copy backups to the cloud.”
Ratmir Timashev, President and CEO, Veeam Software
“Small to mid-sized organizations now have a cost effective and easy-to-use alternative to tape backups and establishing an offsite backup repository. Veeam Backup Cloud Edition enables IT to quickly set up scheduled copies to the public cloud of their choice, and the software takes care of the rest, with regular reports and alerts that keep backup admins fully informed on costs and backup status. We’re proud to have set the standard in virtualization for modern data protection. With Veeam Backup Cloud Edition, we’ve raised the bar yet again with a solution that’s powerful, easy to use and affordable.”
Pricing and Availability
Veeam Backup Cloud Edition is available now. Subscriptions are available in 1, 2 or 3 year licenses for new Veeam Backup & Replication customers with discounts for multi-year subscriptions. Existing customers can add on a Cloud Edition license to their existing Veeam Backup & Replication perpetual licenses. Please contact Veeam for details.
About Veeam Software
Veeam® Software develops innovative solutions for VMware backup, Windows Server Hyper-V backup, and virtualization management. Veeam Backup & Replication™ is the #1 VM Backup solution. Veeam ONE™ is a single solution for real-time monitoring, resource optimization and management reporting for VMware and Windows Server Hyper-V. The Veeam Management Pack™ (MP) and Smart Plug-in™ (SPI) extend enterprise monitoring to VMware through Microsoft System Center and HP Operations Manager. Veeam also provides free virtualization tools. Learn more by visiting http://www.veeam.com/.
Web Links Referenced in this Release:
- Veeam Software: http://www.veeam.com
- VMware backup: http://www.veeam.com/vmware-esx-backup.html
- Hyper-V backup: http://www.veeam.com/microsoft-hyper-v-server-backup-recovery-replication.html
- Virtualization management: http://www.veeam.com/virtualization-management-one-solution.html
- VM Backup: http://www.veeam.com/vm-backup-recovery-replication-software.html
- Free virtualization tools: http://www.veeam.com/free-virtualization-software-vmware-hyper-v.html
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher