|By PR Newswire||
|February 11, 2013 02:02 AM EST||
CAESAREA, Israel, February 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
CellEra, the leading developer of cost-effective Platinum Free Fuel Cell technology has announced today that Dr. Alan Taub, professor of Materials Science and Engineeing at the University of Michigan and former General Motors Vice President Global R&D, will be joining its board of directors as an independent industry expert. Dr. Taub is a well known authority on vehicle propulsion and electrification. He joined GM as executive director in 2001 and was named vice president in 2009. Dr. Taub played a key role in the GM's fuel cell program, among the largest and most advanced in the automotive industry. Dr. Taub is a member of the U.S. National Academy of Engineering, and served on the Operating Council for the United States Council for Automotive Research. He also is chair for the Visiting Committee on Advanced Technology (VCAT) for NIST.
"We are delighted to have Dr. Alan Taub join our team," said Ziv Gottesfeld , CEO of CellEra. "His experience in leading present day fuel cell technology from prototype phase through to millions of miles logged under the hood, will be invaluable to us as we continue to advance and commercialize our Platinum Free fuel cell technology."
"While fuel cell based propulsion is now largely accepted as the only viable solution for a full-range, all-electric-drive-train vehicle, fuel cell costs, and specifically platinum price volatility, remain a major area of concern for automotive companies," said Dr. Alan Taub. "I am excited with the potential of CellEra's technology to alleviate such concerns, in automotive as well as in other market sectors, and was further impressed with the progress they have made to date. I therefore very much look forward to working with the team in bringing this technology to market."
CellEra's goal is to deliver a clean, efficient, and highly-affordable energy storage & conversion technology. The company's disruptive technology is Platinum-Free Membrane Fuel Cell (PFM-FC) for which CellEra is a first commercial mover. PFM-FC alleviates the major cost components of today's fuel cells, including the use of platinum. CellEra's technology is targeted at stationary and automotive applications. For more information, please visit http://www.cellera-inc.com .
Ziv Gottesfeld, CEO
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks