|By PR Newswire||
|February 11, 2013 02:00 AM EST||
HOUSTON, Feb. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Wood Group Mustang has been awarded the topsides detailed engineering and design of an offshore oil & gas production facility that will be operated by Det norske. The facility will be located in the Ivar Aasen field, which is in the North Sea Norwegian Sector. The contract was awarded to Wood Group Mustang by SMOE, the Singapore-based engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contractor for the project.
The facility will be located in 112 meters (367 feet) of water. The topsides is scheduled to have an approximate dry weight of 13,700 tonnes, including flare and 70-bed living quarters. This significant award will require peak staff of approximately 200 people, and the project will be performed in the London and Kuala Lumpur offices of Wood Group Mustang, with London taking the lead role.
Steve Knowles, president of Wood Group Mustang, commented, "Receiving news of this project award was extremely gratifying. We are looking forward to starting work on Det norske's first major facility and developing an excellent relationship with them, in addition to enhancing our existing relationship with SMOE."
Wood Group Mustang is a global project management, engineering, procurement, and construction operations company serving the upstream oil and gas, refining and chemicals, pipeline, automation and control, and industrial markets. Wood Group Mustang has offices in North America, South America, Europe, Middle East, Asia & Africa. For more information, visit www.mustangeng.com.
Wood Group is an international energy services company with $6bn sales, employing more than 42,000 people worldwide and operating in 50 countries. The Group has three businesses - Engineering, Wood Group PSN and Wood Group GTS - providing a range of engineering, production support, maintenance management and industrial gas turbine overhaul and repair services to the oil & gas, and power generation industries worldwide. www.woodgroup.com
SOURCE Wood Group Mustang
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks