|By Marketwired .||
|February 11, 2013 01:00 AM EST||
MANCHESTER, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwire) -- 02/11/13 -- Cristiano Ronaldo may believe Real Madrid are a 'better team' than United but what do the statisticians say? Kitbag have crunched the numbers ahead of the big Champion's League match this Wednesday.
Ronaldo is twice as prolific for Madrid as he was for United according to Kitbag's infographic - and plenty of neutral eyes will be on his heads up with Van Persie come Wednesday night. Still, this game has layer upon layer of rivalry to get excited about, not least the professional grudge between Mourinho and Sir Alex Ferguson.
The two managers have clashed 14 times in their careers, with Mourinho winning six, Ferguson winning two and both coaches sharing the spoils in the other six. The last time they met, Fergie's class of 2009 knocked out Mourinho's Inter Milan with a 2-0 aggregate victory - in the last 16 CL tie.
It's stats like this that whet the appetite for a such an enormous match and Kitbag have gone the extra 100 yards to provide even more.
Kitbag is mainly known for its online collection of football kits but here, the brains behind the brand have orchestrated an infographic packed full of statistical contrasts between the two European footballing giants.
A spokesperson for Kitbag commented:
"It doesn't get much bigger than Man U v Real, Fergie v Mourinho, Van Persie v Ronaldo but the game is about so much more than that; which is why we wanted to scratch beneath the surface and see what else comes between the two biggest clubs in the world.
"It is just a bit of fun but as a Manchester-based company it's also a chance for us to create some real talking points before the game and drum up even more excitement around the city - if that's possible."
Kick-off at the Santiago Bernabeu is set for 19:45 on Wednesday night and will be watched by more than 85,000 in the stadium - a ground capacity that edges above Old Trafford's 76,000.
If you want to find out some more stats about how the clubs, players and coaches measure up against each other, click here to view the Kitbag 'No Love Lost' page.
Kitbag are Europe's leading online sports store. Established in 1999, Kitbag has rapidly grown from its humble beginnings to become a key brand partner to several leading football clubs and the world's biggest and most influential sports brands.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks