|By Marketwired .||
|February 10, 2013 08:34 PM EST||
FRANKLIN, TN -- (Marketwire) -- 02/10/13 -- The music industry paid tribute to their finest at the 55th Annual GRAMMY® Awards from Los Angeles.
Conductor Antoni Wit, one of Naxos' (www.naxos.com) most renowned artists, and producers Aleksandra Nagórko and Andrzej Sasin won in the Best Classical Compendium category for their recording Penderecki: Fonogrammi; Horn Concerto; Partita; The Awakening Of Jacob; Anaklasis. Antoni Wit, a leading expert in Polish classical music, has received seven previous GRAMMY® nominations for his recordings of music by Polish composers.
Kansas City Chorale and its conductor Charles Bruffy, won the Best Choral Performance GRAMMY® Award for their Chandos recording Life & Breath - Choral Works By René Clausen. The album also garnered an award for Tom Caulfield and John Newton, engineers, and Mark Donahue, mastering engineer, in the Best Engineered Album, Classical category.
Eighth Blackbird were repeat winners in Best Chamber Music/Small Ensemble Performance for Meanwhile, on Cedille Records. Founded in 1996, this is the fourth GRAMMY® Award for Chicago-based Eighth Blackbird. Composer Stephen Hartke won Best Contemporary Classical Composition for his composition Meanwhile - Incidental Music to Imaginary Puppet Plays which appeared on the album.
Blanton Alspaugh won Producer of the Year, Classical for his work on: Gjeilo: Northern Lights (Charles Bruffy & Phoenix Chorale), In Paradisum (Brian A. Schmidt & South Dakota Chorale), Life & Breath - Choral Works By René Clausen (Charles Bruffy & Kansas City Chorale) and Music For A Time Of War (Carlos Kalmar & The Oregon Symphony.
Jim Selby, CEO of Naxos of America (www.naxosusa.com), commented from the ceremony: "I would like to congratulate all of the artists, engineers and producers who helped create these wonderful projects. Their dedication, excellence and imagination allows all of us to enjoy this amazing music."
For a full list of the winning artists from the Naxos of America distribution family, please visit http://new.pitchengine.com/pitches/8190daf7-05da-4b4f-b990-8dbb138fbcbd.
Headquartered in Franklin, Tennessee, Naxos of America is the #1 independent classical music distributor in the U.S. and Canada. Specializing in state-of-the-art distribution, marketing and promotion, Naxos of America distributes nearly 40,000 SKUs to traditional brick and mortar retail, as well as offering a comprehensive suite of services tailored to consumer direct fulfillment.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks