|By PR Newswire||
|February 10, 2013 03:31 PM EST||
DETROIT, Feb. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- FlowerDeliveryExpress.com a leading online flower delivery company, is making sure that you have Cupid's help telling the person you love how you feel on Valentine's Day. They have assembled the largest assortment of Valentine items available including flowers, chocolates, cookies, and gift baskets that will make Cupid's job easier.
We all know that Cupid is a chubby cherub with bow and arrows which he shoots into people to make them fall in love. But do you know where the story started? The story of Cupid began as an ancient Greek myth (called Eros by the Greeks) later adopted by the Romans who changed the name. In Latin, the language of ancient Rome, the word "cupido" means desire.
Cupid's mother was Venus, the goddess of love and beauty. As a messenger of his mother, Cupid would shoot his arrows, tipped with gold. Those struck by the arrows would fall in love. Cupid often appears on Valentine cards and gift tokens holding bow and arrows.
The red rose was the favorite flower of Venus, the Roman goddess of love. The color red stands for strong romantic feelings making the red rose the flower of love. Over 85% of the roses sent by FlowerDeliveryExpress.com for Valentine's Day will be the color red.
Valentine's Day is one of the busiest days of the year for a florist. The most important thing you can do to ensure that your gift of love arrives when you want it to is to order early before demand and prices increase.
FlowerDeliveryExpress.com is rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau. The company has also been voted "Best Florist" over a dozen times. FlowerDeliveryExpress.com delivers from their own brick and mortar flower shops with their own delivery fleet and through FedEx and UPS from coast to coast. Deliveries are also made via a computerized sending network of affiliated shops. They provide delivery throughout most of the United States, Canada, and over eighty countries around the world.
Wesley Berry is the CEO of FlowerDeliveryExpress.com, a multi-million dollar online floral delivery operation. He also owns Wesley Berry Flowers, a Detroit-based brick and mortar florist established in 1946.
Shoppers can conveniently make floral purchase by phone at 888.851.2881 and online at www.FlowerDeliveryExpress.com 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks