|By Marketwired .||
|February 9, 2013 04:00 AM EST||
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwire) -- 02/09/13 -- Based on the lunar calendar, Chinese New Year falls on a different day each year and each year is named and represented by a different animal from the Chinese Zodiac. This special holiday is now popular all over the world and Millennium & Copthorne Hotels have six hotels in London, including hotels in Kensington, Knightsbridge and earls court all within easy reach of the celebrations!
The largest celebrations in the capital begin at 10am on 10th February, where a parade of colourful floats will make its way through the West End, with music and stage performances taking place. When the parade arrives at Shaftesbury Avenue, local community groups and schools will be putting on plays and shows for the crowd!
Trafalgar Square will also be a hub of activity from noon, with music, dance, Chinese dragons and acrobatics. There will be performances from the 'Britain's Got Talent' winner, Paul Potts, the Chen Brothers Flying Lion Dance and an attempt at setting a Guinness World Record, as 50,000 people are expected to assemble and recreate the dance moves to popular hit, 'Gangnam Style'.
Chinatown is, of course, at the centre of the action and the streets will be alive all day with stalls, food and music. Look out for the Lion Dance as it snakes through the crowds, stopping along the way at restaurants to wish the owners good luck for the coming year!
After an exciting day out, choose to relax at one of Millennium & Copthorne's London hotels, which offer convenience, luxury and excellent transport links, to make your stay in the city unforgettable.
MILLENNIUM & COPTHORNE HOTELS
Millennium & Copthorne Hotels operates a portfolio of over 100 hotels worldwide.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks