|By Business Wire||
|February 8, 2013 03:45 PM EST||
A free smart phone app is now available that will help consumers stay informed about what is powering their busy lives and up to date on the progress toward a cleaner grid. ISO Today enables quick access to near real-time information regarding the supply and demand of electricity, including the amount of green energy helping to “keep the lights on” at any given time. The California Independent System Operator Corporation (ISO) released the app today for iPhone and Android smart phones.
When downloading from app stores, users will be asked whether they want to receive grid notifications, including Flex Alerts that signal when customers should to do their part to reduce the strain on the power grid through voluntary conservation. Flex Alerts play a critical role during the peak summer months when demand for electricity can soar during heat waves. In particular, Flex Alerts are a key tool for helping mitigate the projected power gap caused by the ongoing shutdown of the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station in Southern California.
The app also displays the ISO public meeting schedule and makes it easy to set meetings in personal mobile phone calendars and receive automatic updates. ISO Today enables the nonprofit grid operator’s most popular web features at www.caiso.com to be available at the touch of a screen and is free via iPhone and Android app stores.
The California ISO provides open and non-discriminatory access to one of the largest power grids in the world. The vast network of high-voltage transmission power lines is supported by a competitive energy market and comprehensive grid planning. Partnering with about a hundred clients, the nonprofit public benefit corporation is dedicated to the continual development and reliable operation of a modern grid that operates for the benefit of consumers. Recognizing the importance of the global climate challenge, the ISO is at the forefront of integrating renewable power and advanced technologies that will help meet a sustainable energy future efficiently and cleanly.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher