|By Marketwired .||
|February 8, 2013 03:00 PM EST||
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 02/08/13 -- First American International Bank (FAIB) announced today the planned retirement of its President and CEO, Alfonso Lau. Mr. Lau will remain with the bank until March 2013 to manage an orderly transition to his successor. Mr. Lau will continue as a Director of FAIB and the holding company, First American International Corporation (FAIC).
Mr. Lau is a founding shareholder and has served as President and CEO and a Director of FAIB since its inception in 1999. Mr. Lau recently and successfully led the bank through a challenging period in the banking industry. FAIB posted solid earnings in 2012 and continues to serve its valued customers through attentive and professional service and its various loan programs.
FAIB also announced that Mark Ricca will become its new President and CEO in March 2013. Mr. Ricca joins the bank from Carver Bancorp, Inc., the bank holding company for Carver Federal Savings Bank in New York City, where he was Executive Vice President, serving as Carver's Chief Financial Officer and Chief Administrative Officer in his most recent position; previously he had served as Carver's Chief Risk Officer, General Counsel and Chief Auditor. Prior to Carver, Mr. Ricca was an Executive and General Counsel with New York Community Bancorp, Inc. and Haven Bancorp, Inc., both located in Westbury, NY. Mr. Ricca graduated from the University of Notre Dame with a B.A. in Economics and has a J.D. from St. John's University School of Law and a LL.M. from New York University School of Law. He is a member of the New York State Bar. Mr. Ricca is also a professor and advisory board member at the ABA Stonier Graduate School of Banking, which partners with the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
Raymond Yu, Chairman of the Board of both FAIB and FAIC, said, "We would like to thank Al for leading us for the past 13 years as we have grown our bank from one branch in Brooklyn to nine branches in three boroughs. We look forward to continuing to successfully serve our depositors and clients as we complete our transition and Mark assumes the helm."
FAIB is a New York State chartered bank with its deposits insured by the FDIC up to applicable limits. FAIC, the bank holding company for FAIB, is regulated by the Federal Reserve. FAIB has nine branches located in various communities in Brooklyn, Manhattan and Queens and assets in excess of $500 million.
Any inquires regarding this press release should be directed to Mr. Patrick Yau, EVP of FAIB at (718) 321-3131 ext. 23.
Mr. Patrick Yau
EVP of FAIB
(718) 321-3131 ext. 23
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London