|By Marketwired .||
|February 8, 2013 11:24 AM EST||
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwire) -- 02/08/13 -- 'Shop and Send' drop off points at airports throughout the UK will allow airport retailers to increase sales by offering customers the convenient option to quickly deliver airport purchases home via courier. Rapid Parcel, a new online courier price comparison and booking website backed by Excess Baggage Company, is launching this service.
A study of 1,000 UK consumers carried out by Opinion Matters for Rapid Parcel showed that over a third (36 per cent) of air passengers would like to buy more at airports but don't have the luggage space to take it onboard. Currently 47 per cent of passengers only buy products if they are small enough to carry on board whilst 32 per cent said they would love to transport purchases to their homes via a home delivery service.
Stuart Elliott, founder and managing director of Rapid Parcel, said:
'Our research proves there is a demand for a service enabling business travellers and holiday makers alike to easily and cost effectively send purchases home direct from the airport. This not only avoids potentially costly overweight carry-on fees but also creates a more pleasant and convenient passenger experience overall. The service will encourage airport passengers to spend more on their favourite items and we feel that this will help out airport retailers immeasurably.'
Through Excess Baggage Company and its 28 years of experience in shipping goods worldwide, Rapid Parcel is able to negotiate the most competitive prices on the market with best-in-class couriers including UPS, DHL, TNT, City Link and FedEx.
Rapid Parcel's Shop and Send service is also available now at the new Westfield Shopping Stratford City and at Westfield London City. This reflects the rising demand for a retail home delivery service amongst consumers.
Opinion Matters surveyed 1,307 UK adults on behalf of Rapid Parcel to identify confusion surrounding parcel delivery costs.
Notes to Editors
Rapid Parcel is an online courier price comparison service based in the UK.
To find out more visit the Rapid Parcel homepage: http://www.rapidparcel.com/.
+44 (0) 20 3176 4721
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher