|By Business Wire||
|February 8, 2013 07:30 AM EST||
Sensus, a leading provider of smart grid infrastructure technologies for electric, gas and water utilities, has received the ‘Companies to Watch in 2013’ award from Smart Grid News. This award underlines the importance of Sensus’ role in advancing the technology that drives smart water networks.
Sensus is leading the way for smart water networks. In a groundbreaking 2012 survey of more than 180 utilities, Sensus found utilities are losing $9.6 billion each year from leaked water and utilities worldwide can save up to $12.5 billion a year by implementing a smart water network.
“We are proud of our role in leading the smart water network movement; these networks are critical to helping water utilities address growing demand, aging water systems and increasing energy prices,” said Randolph Wheatley, executive vice president of corporate marketing at Sensus. “The value of smart water networks cannot be overstated as the world grapples with how to address access to safe, clean water.”
Now in its fourth year, Smart Grid News received dozens of nominations for the ‘Companies to Watch in 2013’ award and asked readers to vote for the top 25 and then more than 12,000 voters selected the top 13. Sensus was the only recipient to be honored for smart water networks.
Sensus continues to lead the industry with products and solutions to meet the water crisis head-on. By engaging a wide array of stakeholders to safeguard the supply of clean water—including utilities and municipalities, regulators, investors, industry associations, technology providers and academia – Sensus has identified opportunities to conserve water and utility resources.
For more information about the awards, please visit this website.
Sensus is a leading utility infrastructure company offering smart meters, communication systems, software and services for the electric, gas, and water industries. Sensus technology helps utilities drive operational efficiency and customer engagement with applications that include advanced meter reading, data acquisition, demand response, distribution automation, home area networking and outdoor lighting control. Customers worldwide trust the innovation, quality and reliability of Sensus solutions for the intelligent use and conservation of energy and water. Learn more at www.sensus.com. To follow Twitter updates from Sensus, please visit http://twitter.com/sensussmartgrid.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks