|By Business Wire||
|February 8, 2013 06:01 AM EST||
Acacia Research Corporation (Nasdaq: ACTG) announced today that a subsidiary has obtained a patent relating to core fiber optic network architectures.
"As our licensing success grows, an increasing number of technology companies are selecting us as their partner for the licensing of their patented technologies," commented Paul Ryan, Acacia CEO. "Acacia is rapidly becoming the leader in technology licensing and we continue to grow our base of future revenues by adding new patent portfolios," concluded Mr. Ryan.
ABOUT ACACIA RESEARCH CORPORATION
Acacia Research Corporation’s subsidiaries partner with inventors and patent owners, license the patents to corporate users, and share the revenue. Acacia Research Corporation’s subsidiaries control 250 patent portfolios, covering technologies used in a wide variety of industries.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995
This news release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the “safe harbor” provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements including those of Paul Ryan relating to our licensing success, the number of technology companies selecting us as their partner, and the growth of our base of future revenues, are based upon our current expectations and speak only as of the date hereof. Our ability to become the licensing partner for companies, and our ability to grow our base of future revenues by adding new patent portfolios may differ materially and adversely from that expressed in any forward-looking statements as a result of various factors and uncertainties, including the economic slowdown affecting technology companies, the ability to successfully develop licensing programs and attract new business, rapid technological change in relevant markets, changes in demand for current and future intellectual property rights, legislative, regulatory and competitive developments addressing licensing and enforcement of patents and/or intellectual property in general, and general economic conditions. Our Annual Report on Form 10-K, recent and forthcoming Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, recent Current Reports on Forms 8-K and 8-K/A, and other SEC filings discuss some of the important risk factors that may affect our business, results of operations and financial condition. We undertake no obligation to revise or update publicly any forward-looking statements for any reason.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks