|By Business Wire||
|February 8, 2013 05:12 AM EST||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gwmpdz/global_satellite) has announced the addition of Frost & Sullivan's new report "Global Satellite Enterprise VSAT Market Analysis: Global Satellite Enterprise VSAT Market The Beginning of Ka-Band Impact" to their offering.
VSAT stands for Very Small Aperture Terminal, and refers to the physical size of the reflector antenna. However, the term VSAT is also loosely used to describe any fixed satellite terminal that provides one-way or two-way communications. The actual size of the antenna is dependent upon factors such as the frequency of operation, strength of satellite transmission, and its use as either a one-way or two-way terminal.
- The global satellite enterprise VSAT market is growing considerably faster than its major industry competitorstraditional telecom wireless and wireline networks, and mobile satellite L-Band solutions.
- Most of the major vertical markets for this industry are seeing revenue growth; but maritime, oil and gas, and cellular backhaul are seeing the most rapid growth. However, this growth is often regionalized; it is not across the board.
- The North American and European markets are very mature and maintain a predominately replacement growth rate, while the other world regions are growing at a rapid rate.
- Ka-Band High Throughput Satellites (HTSs) will greatly impact this market as unprecedented levels of bandwidth are coming online for the VSAT industry, globally, and throughout the forecast period.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- How will the glut of Ka-Band satellite bandwidth coming online for the satellite industry impact the satellite enterprise VSAT market?
- What regions will grow the fastest during the forecast period?
- Which vertical markets will drive market growth in the global satellite enterprise VSAT market?
- How will VSAT providers compete against wireline and wireless networks?
- How will VSAT providers compete with mobile satellite providers?
- What will the global VSAT market look like in 2018?
Key Topics Covered:
Satellite Enterprise VSAT Market
- External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
- Forecasts and Trends
- Market Share and Competitive Analysis
The Last Word (Conclusions and Implications)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gwmpdz/global_satellite
Source: Frost & Sullivan
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher