|By ACN Newswire||
|February 7, 2013 11:10 PM EST||
Jakarta, Indonesia, Feb 7, 2013 - (ACN Newswire) - ANZ today announced it will donate US$200,000 in response to the flood disaster in Jakarta through the Indonesian Red Cross (Palang Merah Indonesia). The donation will be used to support the relief efforts through the provision of clean water using water tankers to the most affected areas of the city.
Speaking in at the Indonesian Red Cross headquarters in Jakarta today, ANZ Group Chief Executive Officer, Mike Smith, said: "ANZ has a significant presence in Indonesia and this donation is a practical way we can demonstrate our support for the many people in Jakarta affected by the recent floods.
"By working with the Indonesian Red Cross, this donation will help access to clean water with eight water tankers that can carry up to 40,000 litres per day to support up to 14,000 people or 2,800 households on daily basis,"Mr Smith said.
Chairman of the Indonesian Red Cross, Jusuf Kalla, said: "ANZ's water tankers are part of the Red Cross' Water for Indonesia program to provide clean water across Indonesia and they will create a long term and sustainable contribution to the people of Indonesia during time of disasters."
The Indonesian Red Cross is an independent organization which focuses on supporting humanity. PMI is currently located in 33 provinces and 443 branches with 1.5 million volunteers spread across Indonesia. Further information on Indonesian Red Cross can be found at www.pmi.or.id.
ANZ first established its presence in Indonesia in 1973. Through its network of 28 branches in 11 cities across Indonesia, PT Bank ANZ Indonesia provides retail and business customers with a full range of banking services including consumer finance including credit card and personal loan and retail & wealth services, private banking, commercial banking and institutional banking.
About ANZ Bank
Source: ANZ Bank
Aulia Arriani, Head of Public Relations The Indonesian Red Cross Tel: +6221 799 2325 or +62 816 795 379 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Marta Yuliana, Head of Corporate Communications ANZ Indonesia Tel: +6221 575 0232 or +62 817 767 123 Email: email@example.com
Copyright 2013 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher