|By Business Wire||
|February 7, 2013 05:51 PM EST||
Today, the North American Portability Management LLC, a telecommunications industry consortium, publicly released its request for proposal for the selection of the next Local Number Portability Administrator (LNPA). Steve Edwards, Neustar’s senior vice president for Carrier Services, released the following statement:
“Neustar is pleased that the LNPA selection process is underway and applauds the efforts of the industry, the North American Numbering Council and the FCC’s Wireline Competition Bureau for their careful consideration of the public comments and for the final RFP. In particular, we support the RFP’s strong neutrality requirements and the fact that there is no requirement to submit untested regional-based models. We believe the RFP will generate proposals that are in the best interest of the industry and consumers.
“Neustar manages the most complex and comprehensive number portability service in the world. We are confident that our proven track record over the last 15 years will speak for itself.”
Proposals are to be submitted no later than April 5, 2013. The recommendation by the North American Portability Management LLC’s subcommittee for the selection of the LNPA is expected by August 5, 2013, with FCC approval of the LNPA selection expected to be completed by September 20, 2013. These dates are subject to change. The new NPAC contract is scheduled to take effect in July 2015.
Neustar, Inc. (NYSE: NSR) is a trusted, neutral provider of real-time information and analysis to the Internet, telecommunications, information services, financial services, retail, media and advertising sectors. Neustar applies its advanced, secure technologies in location, identification, and evaluation to help its customers promote and protect their businesses. More information is available at www.neustar.biz.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher