|By Marketwired .||
|February 7, 2013 05:41 PM EST||
HONG KONG, CHINA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/07/13 -- Seaspan Corporation (NYSE:SSW) announced today that the Company's Board of Directors has declared a quarterly dividend of $0.25 per common share for the three months ended December 31, 2012. The dividend will be paid on February 27, 2013 to all shareholders of record as of February 19, 2013.
Seaspan provides the world's major shipping lines with creative outsourcing alternatives to vessel ownership by offering long-term leases on large, modern containerships combined with industry leading ship management and a reputation for safety, quality and innovation. Seaspan's managed fleet consists of 89 containerships representing a total capacity of over 600,000 TEU, including 16 newbuild containerships on order scheduled for delivery by the end of 2015. Seaspan's current operating fleet of 69 vessels has an average age of approximately five years and an average remaining lease period of approximately seven years. Seaspan's common shares, Series C Preferred Shares and Series D Preferred Shares are listed on The New York Stock Exchange under the symbols "SSW", "SSW PR C" and "SSW PR D", respectively.
The statements in this press release that are not historical facts may be forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that could cause the outcome to be materially different. These risks and uncertainties include, among others, those discussed in Seaspan's public filings with the SEC. Seaspan undertakes no obligation to revise or update any forward-looking statements unless required to do so under the securities laws.
Seaspan Corporation - Investor Relations Inquiries
Mr. Sai W. Chu
Chief Financial Officer
The IGB Group - Media Inquiries
Mr. Leon Berman
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks