|By Marketwired .||
|February 7, 2013 03:47 PM EST||
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK -- (Marketwire) -- 02/07/13 -- On February 1, 2013, a class action lawsuit was filed in the District Court for Harris County, Texas against Keryx Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: CPNO). The complaint alleges breach of fiduciary duties arising out of the Copano's attempt to sell the Company to Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, L.P. ("KMP") by means of an unfair process and for an unfair price, and whether the Copano Board of Directors breached their fiduciary duties by failing to adequately shop the Company before entering into this transaction.
On January 29, 2013, the Company announced an agreement to sell to KMP. Under the terms of the agreement, Copano shareholders will receive 0.4563 of a KMP share for each share of Copano they own, representing a value of approximately $40.91 a share. The transaction has a total approximate value of $5 billion, including the assumption of debt.
If you wish to discuss this action, obtain further information and participate in this or any other securities litigation, or should you have any questions or concerns regarding this notice or preservation of your rights, please contact:
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher