|By Marketwire .||
|February 7, 2013 02:16 PM EST||
MANCHESTER, UNITED KINGDOM and BOSTON, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/07/13 -- Attido Mobile (http://www.attidomobile.com), developers of the PassWallet app, which supports passes on the Android & BlackBerry platforms, and Skycore LLC, developers of the codeREADr app (https://codereadr.com), which supports the redemption of passes on both Apple's Passbook and Attido's PassWallet, have today announced the capability for PassWallet passes to be presented and redeemed using NFC-enabled Android devices.
Apple's launch of iOS 6 included the Passbook app to store tickets, vouchers and coupons as well as loyalty, member and student ID cards. Passbook creates a centralized mobile wallet for consumers to easily access these passes when needed. Each pass contains a unique barcode which is scanned at the point of service to validate or redeem the pass.
Since Passbook passes are not natively supported on Android or BlackBerry devices, Attido created the PassWallet app to enable consumers to view, store and use passes on those devices.
codeREADr is a provider-agnostic app for iOS and Android devices which scans barcodes so merchants, venues, schools and enterprises can securely validate and redeem passes presented on any mobile device or on any print media.
Passes stored within PassWallet normally present pass IDs as barcodes for scanning but can now also beam pass IDs via NFC and have those IDs validated and redeemed with the codeREADr app on NFC-enabled Android devices.
"Apple created the Passbook standard for card, coupon and ticket delivery to iOS devices. My team built PassWallet to fill the gap for the Android platform. We then expanded the technology to support NFC redemption on Android through our partnership with the codeREADr team," said Andy Nugent, Director, Attido Mobile.
"Beaming NFC passes has the potential to eventually offer a fast, secure and seamless tap-to-validate process for passes. As the technology matures and becomes broadly available, we expect consumers will find convenience in a simple tap," said Rich Eicher, Skycore's CEO.
1-Minute Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itAdpy8B0n8
(Apple, Passbook, and iOS are trademarks of Apple Inc.)
Documents and/or Photos available for this release:
To view supporting documents and/or photos, go to www.enr-corp.com/pressroom and enter Release ID: 346400
Richard Eicher Sr.
Director, Business Development
Phone: (617) 279-0040 x1
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks