|By Business Wire||
|February 7, 2013 02:04 PM EST||
NCR Corporation (NYSE:NCR) has been cited as a leader in The Forrester Wave™: Point of Service, Q2 2012 report. Forrester Research, Inc., a global research and advisory firm, evaluated top point-of-service companies against 70 criteria across three categories: “current offering,” “strategy” and “market presence.” In each category, Forrester ranked key elements such as services and support strategy, product vision, security, international capabilities and deployment flexibility.
The report states: As might be expected from such an experienced vendor in retail, NCR provides the most impressive discount and promotions functionality, together with superior social networking, integrated loyalty and dedicated email marketing capabilities. It also offers its own integrated digital signage. NCR’s integrated promotion tracking, line-busting and customer self-service are the strongest of the bunch.
“We believe this independent research provides compelling evidence of the benefits of NCR’s strategy to deliver software solutions to all retailers – regardless of size and type – around the world,” said Scott Kingsfield, senior vice president and general manager, NCR Retail. “Our portfolio of innovative omni-channel, cloud-enabled software provides NCR’s customers with solutions that solve problems that matter-materially improving business results while enabling the seamless shopping experience that today’s consumer expects.”
The report states that: Leading vendors deliver point-of-service solutions globally that integrate a consumer’s interactions with a retail brand – regardless of the channel, branch or banner – and orchestrate an enterprise approach to browsing and discovery as well as transactions such as sales and returns.
About NCR Corporation
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. NCR’s assisted- and self-service solutions and comprehensive support services address the needs of retail, financial, travel, hospitality, gaming, public sector, telecom carrier and equipment organizations in more than 100 countries. NCR (www.ncr.com) is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Follow us on Twitter: @NCRCorporation
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ncrcorp
Connect with us on LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/ncrgroup
Watch us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/ncrcorporation
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks