|By Marketwire .||
|February 7, 2013 12:14 PM EST||
FT. LAUDERDALE, FL -- (Marketwire) -- 02/07/13 -- Becker & Poliakoff, a multi-practice business law firm with more than 155 attorneys, lobbyists and other professionals in 18 domestic and international offices, today announced its 40th anniversary celebration. In addition to a new 40th anniversary logo that is displayed on the firm's re-designed Web site, Becker & Poliakoff has launched the 40th Anniversary Community Involvement Program, a firm-wide community volunteer project as part of the year-long celebration.
Founded in 1973 as a law firm dedicated to protecting the rights of tenants, Becker & Poliakoff has experienced growth, diversification, and expansion throughout its 40 years. The firm's expansion throughout the state and along the east coast of the United States reflects the explosive growth that has made Florida the third fastest growing state in the country and the strong business ties that exist between Florida, New York, New Jersey, Washington, D.C. and Northern Virginia. Today, the firm's core practice areas focus on key sectors of the global economy.
"Our 40th anniversary is a celebration of the culture that was established by our founding shareholders, Gary Poliakoff and Alan Becker," said Gary Rosen, who became managing shareholder in 2012. "It is a culture that embraced innovation and diversity long before it was fashionable and one that has always valued integrity, professionalism, and dedication to client success."
Mr. Rosen added, "Our 40th anniversary reminds us how truly fortunate we are to be working in a firm with our rich heritage, and how meaningful it is for our employees to join together to volunteer at local charitable organizations."
The firm kicked off its celebration by hosting a reception for clients, employees, civic leaders and friends at its Broward headquarters on February 7. The year-long community volunteer program involving each local office will begin this month.
"The firm's attorneys and other professionals have made important contributions to the civic, cultural, political, legal and business communities in which we live and work," Mr. Rosen said. "Participation in local charities is fundamental to our continued growth and success because such participation keeps us connected to our clients and our communities."
Mr. Rosen added, "We are proud of our unique history. We are most excited, however, about our future as we continue to grow and diversify our practice areas and geographic mix to assist clients with new opportunities and to meet their ever-changing needs."
The Becker & Poliakoff 40th Anniversary Community Involvement Program includes the following charities, with additional charities to be announced:
- American Cancer Society/Making Strides Against Breast Cancer, Orlando Chapter
- Habitat for Humanity of Broward County (FL)
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Miami
- Habitat for Humanity, Okaloosa County (FL)
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Capitol Chapter, Washington, DC
- Make-A-Wish Foundation, Central and Northern Florida Chapter, Maitland
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society, New York City-Southern New York Chapter
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital/Florida
About Becker & Poliakoff
Becker & Poliakoff is a diverse commercial law firm with more than 155 attorneys, lobbyists and other professionals in 18 domestic and international offices. Celebrating its fortieth (40th) year of serving clients, the firm has eight primary areas of practice: Real Estate, Construction Law & Litigation, Community Association, Customs & International Trade, Business Litigation, Corporate & Securities, Government Law & Lobbying, and the Intellectual Property & Emerging Technologies practice. For more about the firm, visit: www.becker-poliakoff.com or www.becker-poliakoff.com/blogs.aspx to access forums on the latest ideas and opinions on legal matters hosted by Becker & Poliakoff attorneys.
The Pen Group Communications
Tel: (305) 529-1944
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks