|By Marketwired .||
|February 7, 2013 09:00 AM EST||
VANCOUVER, BC -- (Marketwire) -- 02/07/13 -- ActiveState®, whose software enables developers and enterprises to innovate from code to cloud, today announced that its 2012 revenue increased 40% year over year, due to growing customer success with Stackato®, the market-leading enterprise private Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) technology. In the past year, ActiveState has increased its investment in marketing, sales, and research and development, while adding headcount; its full-time employee ranks grew by 33%. The Vancouver, BC-based software company has also expanded its footprint, recently opening a satellite office in Santa Clara, California. All this comes on the heels of the new Stackato Partner Program, announced last month.
"Last year was our biggest yet," said ActiveState CEO Bart Copeland. "Stackato adoption -- whether within the enterprise, via OEM partners, or through ISVs or VARs -- will continue to drive ActiveState's success."
Copeland recognizes a common thread in Stackato implementations: Enterprise customers see Stackato as a path to hybrid cloud. GigaOM Research Director Jo Maitland also acknowledges the trend. "Hybrid cloud is the consumption model enterprises have chosen to adopt cloud," said Maitland. "PaaS is one way to get there for enterprises with a strong dev organization."
"Virtualization and Infrastructure-as-Service (IaaS) technologies introduced resource scalability to the enterprise," continued ActiveState's Copeland. "Spinning up 10,000 VMs is a great thing, but not if you have to manage them. DevOps bandwidth isn't elastic! Innovative enterprises are solving that challenge with Stackato's easy-to-use administrative tools... tools that deliver on the promise of the cloud and just work. With its scalable management capabilities, Stackato makes cloud computing real."
Stackato continues to command the private PaaS market. Enterprises in industries like mobile telecom and Internet software development are innovating with Stackato:
- A world leader in next-generation mobile technologies (and Fortune 500 corporation) needed a polyglot private PaaS solution, and chose Stackato. The North America-based mobile technology multinational is deploying Stackato within its R&D organization to empower developers to innovate, and to become more nimble and more responsive to market change.
- An Internet software company and wholly-owned subsidiary of a global non-profit open-source community is implementing Stackato for its web applications.
- In December, ActiveState and HP Cloud Services announced an OEM partnership: The HP Cloud Application PaaS will be powered by Stackato. (On a related subject, one HP engineer blogged about how HP's DevEx team has implemented Stackato in its cloud architecture.)
Stackato is the enterprise private PaaS that makes it easy to deploy, manage, and monitor applications on any cloud. For more information, visit http://www.activestate.com/stackato.
About ActiveState (http://www.activestate.com)
ActiveState empowers innovation from code to cloud smarter, safer, and faster. ActiveState's cutting-edge solutions give developers and enterprises the power and flexibility to develop in Java, Ruby, Python, Perl, Node.js, PHP, Tcl, and more. Stackato is ActiveState's groundbreaking enterprise private Platform as a Service (PaaS), and is the cost-effective, secure, and portable way to develop and deploy apps to the cloud. ActiveState is proven for the enterprise: More than two million developers and 97% of Fortune-1000 companies use ActiveState's end-to-end solutions to develop, distribute, and manage their software applications. Global customers like Cisco, CA, HP, Bank of America, Siemens, and Lockheed Martin look to ActiveState to save time, save money, minimize risk, ensure compliance, and reduce time to market.
HORN on behalf of ActiveState
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher