|By Marketwired .||
|February 7, 2013 05:01 AM EST||
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 02/07/13 -- Dr. Stafford R. Broumand, a board-certified plastic surgeon in New York City, offers patients who are seeking breast enhancement an alternative to traditional breast augmentation surgery with implants. With his natural breast augmentation technique, women can receive the benefits of breast enhancement by utilizing their own fat cells rather than silicone or saline implants. Additionally, Dr. Broumand also uses Brava -- a non-surgical, pre and post-operative regimen designed to achieve greater volume and fullness in the breasts.
Natural breast augmentation is designed to add volume to the breasts without the need for breast implants. Dr. Broumand performs this procedure by removing fat cells with liposuction from one area of the patient's body -- such as the abdomen, thighs, or love handles -- and transferring them to the breasts. According to the New York City plastic surgeon, ideal candidates for natural breast enhancement include:
- Patients who desire to have larger, fuller breasts, without the use of implants
- Patients whose breast shape has changed with age
- Post-mastectomy patients
The Brava regimen, originally developed by Roger Khouri, is a method of external expansion for the breasts. Suction cups are placed on each breast, and negative pressure increases breast size temporarily. After performing this process for three weeks prior to enhancement, patients develop more space for the transfer of fat cells during the natural breast augmentation procedure.
Unlike traditional tissue expanders, Brava is non-surgical. According to Dr. Broumand, Brava can be used for both breast augmentation and breast reconstruction, and the technique makes it possible to transfer more fat which can ultimately result in greater volume and fullness added to the breasts.
For his New York City plastic surgery patients undergoing natural breast augmentation with the Brava regimen, Dr. Broumand employs the following steps:
- Patients follow the Brava regimen for three weeks prior to surgery
- Fat is removed from targeted areas utilizing liposuction and then processed
- Processed fat is injected into breasts until desired size and shape is obtained
- Patients follow the Brava regimen for three more weeks after surgery
Ultimately, Dr. Broumand says his patients may find the Brava regimen to be a bit tedious, but he notes that "they generally believe it is worth it in the end." He adds that no matter what the procedure -- be it breast augmentation or BOTOX® Cosmetic -- patients should always consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to ensure they receive the safest, most effective treatment and results.
About Stafford R. Broumand, MD
Dr. Stafford R. Broumand is a board-certified plastic surgeon in New York City. He earned his medical degree at Yale University, completed his general surgery residency at Mount Sinai Medical Center, and trained in plastic surgery at the Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School. Dr. Broumand currently serves as Associate Professor of Plastic Surgery at Mount Sinai Hospital. He has also been selected by Castle Connolly as a "New York Metro Area Top Cosmetic Doctor for 10 Years."
Dr. Broumand is available for interview upon request.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2222556
Dr. Stafford R. Broumand
Plastic Surgery & Medi-Aesthetics
740 Park Avenue
New York, New York 10021
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher