|By Marketwired .||
|February 7, 2013 05:00 AM EST||
MISSION, KS -- (Marketwire) -- 02/07/13 -- (Family Features) Dogs love stealing a smooch or two from their owners, so Valentine's Day is a good reminder for dog owners to take care of their pooches' oral health.
"Dental problems are the number one health issue veterinarians see in dogs. According to research from The Waltham Centre for Pet Nutrition, bad breath is a sign of those potential oral care issues, including gum disease," said Dr. Tiffany Bierer, Health and Nutritional Sciences Manager, Mars Petcare US, the makers of PEDIGREE DENTASTIX Fresh Treats for Dogs. "That's why we make it a priority to offer a variety of products for dogs that have oral care benefits, which help reduce plaque and tartar build-up and minimize any 'unkissable' moments."
Here are a few quick and easy oral health care tips for your dog:
Feed your dog one DENTASTIX treat a day, either the original DENTASTIX or new DENTASTIX Fresh variety, to help keep your furry pal's breath fresh. They taste great and their chewy texture helps clean down to the gum line. Look for the patented X-shaped treat.
Brush your dog's teeth regularly and check your dog's mouth for signs of gum disease -- like bad breath -- or red, swollen gums. Notify your vet if you notice these symptoms.
Take your dog to the vet on a regular basis. Regular checkups are critical for your dog's oral and overall health. Your vet will look for signs of gum disease, provide treatments, and recommend an oral care routine.
If you're looking for a fun way to show your commitment to keeping your dog's breath kissable, the popular DENTURE YOUR DOG online application is now available as a mobile app, too. Simply upload a photo of your dog and "denturize" it by adding the smile, words and voice of your choice. Available for download on iTunes.
For more information, visit www.pedigree.com.
®/ Trademarks © Mars, Incorporated 2013. US Patent D492,836. Other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
About Family Features Editorial Syndicate
This and other food and lifestyle content can be found at www.editors.familyfeatures.com. Family Features is a leading provider of free food and lifestyle content for use in print and online publications. Register with no obligation to access a variety of formatted and unformatted features, accompanying photos, and automatically updating Web content solutions.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2222494
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks