|By JCN Newswire||
|February 7, 2013 02:21 AM EST||
The Malaysian facility is the company's first fully-integrated solar manufacturing base, producing from wafers to cells and modules. Panasonic takes full advantage of this facility not only to meet the growing demand but also strengthen cost competitiveness through reduction of transportation costs and use of local parts and materials.
To date, Panasonic has produced HIT(R) solar cells at its two domestic plants and has three module assembly bases - two in Japan and one in Hungary - with an annual production capacity of 600 MW each of cells and modules. The new production base in Malaysia adds a yearly production capacity of 300 MW, increasing Panasonic's overall module production capacity by 50% to 900 MW.
In addition to offering solar modules discretely, Panasonic will step up efforts to provide integrated solar solutions combining solar modules with power conditioners, storage batteries and other components to meet the wide-ranging needs of customers.
* In terms of both installation area (per m2) and system capacity (per kW)
Outline of New Production Base
Location: Kulim Hi-Tech Park, Kedah, Malaysia
Completion: December 2012
Products: HIT(R) solar modules (integrated production of wafers,
cells, and modules)
Building: Approx. 70,000 m2
Employees: Approx. 1,500
Production: 300 MW annually
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development and manufacture of electronic products in three business fields, consumer, components & devices, and solutions. Based in Osaka, Japan, the company recorded consolidated net sales of 7.85 trillion yen for the year ended March 31, 2012. Panasonic's stock is listed on the Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya and New York (NYSE:PC) Stock Exchanges. The company has the vision of becoming the No. 1 Green Innovation Company in the Electronics Industry by the 100th year of its founding in 2018. For more information on Panasonic, its brand and commitment to sustainability, visit the company's website at http://panasonic.net/.
Tokyo Public Relations Office Panasonic Corporation Tel: +81-3-3574-5664 Fax: +81-3-3574-5699
Copyright 2013 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. www.japancorp.net
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher