|By Business Wire||
|February 6, 2013 05:52 PM EST||
GT Advanced Technologies (NASDAQ: GTAT) today announced the appointment of Thomas (Tom) Wroe Jr. to its board of directors. He will also serve on the compensation committee. Wroe has been appointed to serve until the 2013 Annual Meeting of Shareholders at which time he will stand for election.
"We are delighted with the addition of Tom Wroe to the GT board," said Matt Massengill, chairman of GT Advanced Technologies. "Tom is an accomplished CEO with strong knowledge of the technology sector, extensive global business experience and a proven track record as an effective director and chairman of public companies. The GT board will benefit greatly from his experience."
From 2006 to 2012, Wroe served as chief executive officer and chairman of the board for Sensata Technologies Holdings, the former Sensors & Controls business of Texas Instruments. Sensata today is a two-billion dollar public business that supplies sensing, electrical protection, control and power management solutions to global businesses in the automotive, appliance, aircraft, industrial and HVAC markets. Prior to serving as CEO of Sensata, Wroe held a variety of management assignments at Texas Instruments for over three decades in operations, engineering, marketing, and business development across all of the businesses in Materials & Controls. He is currently chairman of the board of Sensata Technologies and Cape Cod Healthcare and a director of Chase Corporation.
About GT Advanced Technologies Inc.
GT Advanced Technologies Inc. is a diversified technology company delivering innovative crystal growth equipment and solutions to the global solar, LED and electronics industries. Our products accelerate the adoption of new advanced materials that improve performance and lower the cost of manufacturing. For additional information about GT Advanced Technologies, please visit www.gtat.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher