|By Business Wire||
|February 6, 2013 02:34 PM EST||
Lumos Networks (NASDAQ: LMOS), a leading provider of fiber-based products across the Mid-Atlantic region, today introduced Business Communicator , an exciting addition to the IP Centrex family of hosted voice services.
The Business Communicator client app once installed on a user’s desktop and/or smart phone, allows the user to see a colleague’s status while away from their desk, use the instant messaging application and be able to call out using their desk phone number identity. Basic features include the following:
- Instant messaging and presence
- Desktop video chat
- Call logs and message history
- Desktop control of basic telephony features
- Soft phone client application allowing users to make calls while connected only to the internet
The mobile applications are found on the Google Play Store, and will soon be available in the Apple app store titled “Lumos Business Communicator.” Users will have to order the mobile application before using the mobile phone application and can have wireless service from any provider.
“Business Communicator is a key component of unified communications that will make every enterprise more productive and efficient, without spending capital on expensive equipment that is hard to maintain and manage,” said Lumos Networks Vice President of Product Management and Engineering Craig Drinkhall. “We’re improving the way our customers communicate with their customers no matter where they may be, with even greater flexibility and convenience,” he added.
Business Communicator is supported by BroadSoft’s BroudTouch Business Communicator™ and BroadCloud™ Unified Communications services.
“We are excited to partner with Lumos Networks and to support their innovative strategy by providing a broad-range of Unified Communications services. Lumos Networks is very aware of today's user demands and their desire to work from anywhere. To meet this need, we are thrilled they have selected our BroadTouch Business Communicator to offer a seamless, intuitive interface to their UC services, across a variety of mobile communication device,” said Leslie Ferry, Vice President, Marketing, BroadSoft.
For more information or to learn more about Lumos Networks visit www.lumosnetworks.com.
About Lumos Networks
Lumos Networks is a fiber-based service provider in the Mid-Atlantic region serving carrier, business and residential customers over a dense fiber network offering data, voice and IP services. With headquarters in Waynesboro, VA, Lumos Networks serves Virginia, West Virginia and portions of Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Ohio, and Maryland over a 5,800 route-mile fiber network. Detailed information about Lumos Networks is available at www.lumosnetworks.com.
BroadSoft is the leading provider of software and services that enable mobile, fixed-line and cable service providers to offer Unified Communications over their Internet Protocol network. The Company's core communications platform enables the delivery of a range of enterprise and consumer calling, messaging and collaboration communication services, including private branch exchanges, video calling, text messaging and converged mobile and fixed-line services.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher