|By Business Wire||
|February 6, 2013 02:16 PM EST||
JPMorgan Chase (NYSE: JPM) announced today the launch of the Code for Good Challenges in the United States. Building off a successful launch in the United Kingdom, the Code for Good Challenges will bring together college students studying technology to develop solutions to challenges faced by nonprofits during an intense two-day event.
“We’re excited for the Code for Good Challenge kickoff in the U.S,” said Guy Chiarello, JPMorgan Chase’s Chief Information Officer. "The program offers a unique opportunity for participants to use their skills to benefit nonprofits, while also demonstrating their technology abilities to a leading global organization. It’s a win for all involved.”
The series of U.S.-based events will kickoff off in New York, Delaware and Ohio, and will continue in other JPMorgan Chase locations throughout 2013. Dates of the first U.S. events:
- New York, NY: February 23 – February 24
- Newark, DE: March 1 – March 2
- Columbus, OH: March 2 – March 3
Participants at each event will be placed into teams and tasked with working together to creatively solve a challenge faced by a local nonprofit organization. JPMorgan Chase technologists will also be involved, advising participants throughout the course of the event. A panel of judges will determine the winning team, which will be announced at the culmination of the 2-day event.
College students majoring in a technology-related field at universities in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic or Midwest who would like the opportunity to put their coding skills to use for a good cause, should apply by visiting http://techcareers.jpmorganchase.com/opportunities/ and selecting the event in their region (New York – Northeast/ Delaware – Mid-Atlantic/Ohio – Midwest).
The deadline to apply for the New York event is February 10 and the deadline for the Newark and Columbus events is February 18.
About JPMorgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher