|By Kevin Jackson||
|February 7, 2013 04:00 AM EST||
Gravitant has announced enhancements coming this month to its award winning cloudMatrix cloud brokerage and management platform:
- Continuous cloud asset discovery and sync (starting with Amazon Web Services today with additional providers added over time), which enhances internal governance capabilities to discover and control shadow I.T. and provide alternate sourcing options.
- Integration of government certified cloud providers into the cloudMatrix electronic services catalog, which enhances external governance capabilities through secure clouds.
Many enterprises are grappling with the issue of Shadow I.T. - i.e. unbudgeted and unauthorized spending on I.T. resources (most often external cloud services) outside the CIO`s oversight. This is a serious problem. The accounting firm Pricewaterhouse Coopers recently reported that as much as a third of spending on I.T. in an enterprise is shadow I.T.
The addition of continuous cloud asset discovery and sync capability to Gravitant`s cloudMatrix platform helps address this issue:
- CIOs and CFOs can discover cloud assets used by their employees, as well as aggregate, link and govern them on an ongoing basis.
- Additionally, CIOs can run alternate sourcing scenarios to optimize the spend from shadow I.T. This could result in alternate internal (private) or external cloud providers being chosen to source the services.
- I.T. organizations can then offer the pre-approved cloud services to their employees while ensuring complete command and control, allowing CIOs and CFOs to extend the governance umbrella to external cloud assets.
- Enterprise users can easily link and manage their cloud accounts no matter whether they were created through the cloudMatrix brokerage portal or directly with the cloud provider, giving them an easier way to adopt a single interface to manage all of their cloud accounts.
The integration of government certified cloud providers into the cloudMatrix electronic services catalog allows our Government system integrator and service provider partners, such as NJVC, to offer their customers an easy way to manage their consumption of secure cloud services.
"The technology provided by Gravitant that powers the Cloudcuity Management Portal allows NJVC to easily onboard customers` choice of cloud services providers, including government-certified clouds for their secure applications and services," said Kevin Jackson, vice president and general manager, NJVC cloud services.
Based in Austin Texas, Gravitant provides technology solutions that help enterprise I.T. organizations effectively meet business needs by optimizing their I.T. supply chain. We enable the pragmatic consumption of private and public cloud services to help enterprises achieve agility, responsiveness, service levels and cost optimization across multiple cloud service providers. Gravitant`s cloudMatrix presents users with a single unified interface which can be used to design, order, provision and control private, public and hybrid cloud services in an end-to-end process that can be dynamically recalibrated at any time. cloudMatrix can be white-labeled by systems integrators, service providers, and enterprises.
With a focus on information technology automation, NJVC specializes in supporting highly secure, complex I.T. enterprises in business- and mission-critical environments, particularly for the intelligence and defense communities. We offer a wide breadth of I.T. and strategic solutions to our customers, ranging from strategic consulting to managed flexible services in five business areas: Cloud Services, Cyber Security, Data Center Services, I.T. Services and Print Solutions. We partner with our customers to support their missions with security-cleared, dedicated and talented employees ready to deploy globally. To learn more, visit www.njvc.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?