|By Marketwired .||
|February 6, 2013 01:09 PM EST||
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/06/13 -- Maple Leaf Corporate Funds Ltd. (the "Corporation") announced the capital gains dividends for the Maple Leaf Income Class and Maple Leaf Resource Class (together the "Maple Leaf Funds") for the 2013 tax year. On January 29, 2013, the Corporation declared and paid dividends in the following amounts to shareholders of record on that date:
Maple Leaf Resource Class, Series A (CDO100) - $3.600509 per share
Maple Leaf Income Class, Series A (CDO102) - $0.205822 per share
The dividends were automatically reinvested in additional shares of the same class and series, and the issued and outstanding shares of each class and series were consolidated such that the number of shares remains unchanged from the number outstanding immediately prior to the dividend payment such that the net asset value per share is not affected by the dividends.
A shareholder will be required to include the amount of the capital gains dividends received by the shareholder in income as a capital gain and this same amount will also be added to the adjusted cost base of the shares held by such shareholder. It is important to note that the total value of a shareholder's investment will not change as a result of the dividend and subsequent share consolidation.
The capital gains were due to an increase in the value of certain divested securities in the portfolios or due to portfolio rebalancing. Maple Leaf Funds must distribute the net realized capital gains to shareholders.
Maple Leaf Corporate Funds Ltd. is a mutual fund corporation that currently offers Series A Shares of each of the Maple Leaf Resource Class and Maple Leaf Income Class.
Shares of the Maple Leaf Funds are available to former limited partners of Maple Leaf Short Duration Flow-Through Limited Partnerships in exchange for assets which are suitable investments for the Maple Leaf Funds. Shares of both Maple Leaf Funds are also available to other investors but it is recommended that shares should only be purchased through registered plans. For further information on Maple Leaf Funds please visit our website at www.MapleLeafFunds.ca/MutualFund.
ABOUT THE INVESTMENT FUND MANAGER
CADO Investment Fund Management Inc. is responsible for managing the overall business and operations of the Mutual Fund. For information on CADO Investment Fund Management Inc. please visit our website at www.MapleLeafFunds.ca/MutualFund.
This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of any offer to buy the securities. This release is provided for information purposes only. No securities regulatory authority has expressed an opinion about the merits of the shares of the Maple Leaf Funds and it is an offence to claim otherwise. The Maple Leaf Funds and the shares of the Funds offered under this Simplified Prospectus are not registered with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, and are sold in the United States only in reliance on exemptions from registration.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London