|By Marketwired .||
|February 6, 2013 01:01 PM EST||
LOS ANGELES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/06/13 -- Production Designer Mimi Gramatky has been elected President of the 2,000-member Art Directors Guild (ADG/IATSE, Local 800) for a three-year term, succeeding Thomas A. Walsh, it was announced today. Also elected for three-year terms are Art Director Jim Wallis as Vice President; Production Designer Cate Bangs as Treasurer; and Art Director Judy Cosgrove as Secretary. Scott Roth continues as ADG's Executive Director.
Gramatky's skills reach beyond Production Design into interior and landscape architecture, theatre design, visual FX and animation, documentary filmmaking, and teaching. She has been a member of the ADG Board of Directors and a past member of its Council. Gramatky is a former member of the Board of Governors of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences and is a graduate of the University of California, Berkeley and San Francisco State University. She has been married for 27 years to Composer/Arranger/Orchestrator Geoff Stradling.
About the Art Directors Guild:
The Art Directors Guild (IATSE Local 800) represents nearly 2,000 members who work throughout the United States, Canada and the rest of the world in film, television and theater as Production Designers, Art Directors, and Assistant Art Directors; Scenic, Title and Graphic Artists; Illustrators and Matte Artists; and Set Designers and Model Makers. Established in 1937, ADG's ongoing activities include a Film Society; an annual Awards Banquet, a creative/technology community (5D | The Future of Immersive Design) and Membership Directory; a bimonthly craft magazine (Perspective); and extensive technology-training programs, creative workshops and craft and art exhibitions. The Guild's Online Directory/Website Resource is at www.adg.org. Follow ADG on Twitter: @ADG800 (http://www.twitter.com/ADG800)
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2222107
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks