|By Marketwired .||
|February 6, 2013 01:00 PM EST||
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 02/06/13 -- Hearst Corporation today announced that Gregory Dorn, MD, MPH, has been named an executive vice president and deputy group head of Hearst Business Media, which manages Hearst's healthcare group and also has significant holdings in the automotive, electronic, and finance industries. The announcement was made by Frank A. Bennack, Jr., CEO of Hearst Corporation, and Richard P. Malloch, president of Hearst Business Media.
Dorn, 45, will oversee Hearst's growing portfolio of healthcare businesses. With its 2012 acquisition of Milliman Care Guidelines, LLC -- renamed MCG -- and ownership of FDB (First Databank), Zynx Health and Map of Medicine, Hearst has built prominence with both provider and risk-bearing healthcare organizations. Hearst works with some 3,000 healthcare organizations in the U.S. and internationally, and its healthcare decision support services can be found in more than half the nation's hospitals. Overall, these products touch the lives of more than 70 percent of all discharged hospital patients.
"Hearst is privileged to be in the healthcare space with our clinical decision support products that help to address patient safety, quality and cost issues," Bennack said. "The healthcare market is being driven by cost and is growing at a rate that is unsustainable. Greg will help us improve patient care by making it more efficient and more affordable."
"Over the past decade, we've built an enviable market position in the clinical decision support world, serving both providers and payers," Malloch said. "We have an impressive array of products that we believe are primed for future growth. Greg has the perfect experience and track record of success to take our businesses even farther and we are delighted to be able to promote him to this new position."
In the healthcare sector, Hearst owns and operates:
- MCG - a developer and producer of evidence-based clinical guidelines and software used by more than 2,200 clients, including 1,200 hospitals and seven of the eight largest U.S. health plans.
- FDB (First Databank) - a provider of drug databases that are used within information systems that touch every aspect of healthcare, including information patients receive with every prescription they fill.
- Zynx Health - a leader in evidence-based clinical decision support, which offers online solutions to help clinicians treat their patients based on the best available research in real time. More than 2,000 hospitals nationwide use Zynx information.
- Map of Medicine - a Web-based visual representation of evidence-based patient care journeys covering 28 medical specialties and 390 pathways to enable clinicians to plan and then benchmark clinical practice against national standards.
Dorn, who has served as president of FDB since 2010, will retain that title and will also take on new responsibilities as president of Zynx Health -- where he was EVP and COO.
"We are focused on providing the most context specific, evidence based, clinical decision support solutions into clinicians' workflow such that patient health, safety and outcomes are improved," Dorn said. "Our approach aligns tightly with Hearst's overall focus on making healthcare more cost effective and productive."
Prior to joining FDB in 2010, Dorn served at Zynx Health for 11 years as executive vice president, chief operating officer and president of its international efforts. During his tenure, Dorn helped guide the organization through changes of ownership and expanded the reach of the company's solutions from less than 50 hospitals to more than 1,700. His major focus was on the commercialization and international expansion of evidence-based point of care clinical decision support deployed through computerized provider order entry systems, electronic medical record applications and medical devices.
Dorn holds a bachelor's degree from the Columbia University School of Engineering and received his medical doctorate from the College of Physicians and Surgeons at Columbia University. Dorn served as house officer at UCLA Medical Center after which he went on to obtain a master's in health services from the UCLA Center for Health Services Management. He is a co-inventor of two patented healthcare software technologies.
About Hearst Business Media
Hearst Business Media is an operating group of Hearst Corporation, which operates more than 20 business-to-business information services, electronic databases and publications. Hearst Business Media has significant holdings in the medical/pharmaceutical, automotive, electronic and finance industries. Among its core competencies is the aggregation of time-sensitive price, product and technical information that is integrated into business and professional processes.
About Hearst Corporation
Hearst Corporation (www.hearst.com) is one of the nation's largest diversified media and information companies. Its major interests include ownership of 15 daily and 36 weekly newspapers, including the Houston Chronicle, San Francisco Chronicle, San Antonio Express-News and Albany Times Union; hundreds of magazines around the world, including Good Housekeeping, Cosmopolitan, ELLE and O, The Oprah Magazine; 29 television stations, which reach a combined 18 percent of U.S. viewers; ownership in leading cable networks, including Lifetime, A&E, HISTORY and ESPN; significant holdings in the automotive, electronic and medical/pharmaceutical industries; a 50 percent stake in the global ratings agency Fitch Group; Internet and marketing services businesses; television production; newspaper features distribution; and real estate. Follow us on Twitter @HearstCorp.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2222141
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks