|By Marketwired .||
|February 6, 2013 12:19 PM EST||
SAN DIEGO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/06/13 -- To help its students realize their dreams of a college education, Grossmont and Cuyamaca colleges will be hosting Give the Dream, a series of fundraising events throughout East County on Saturday, March 16. The funds raised will be used for Dreamkeepers®, a program that makes emergency grants to students facing unexpected financial hardships.
This fundraising extravaganza will bring together the East County community in support of helping students reach their educational goals in a fun and celebratory environment. Attendees can participate in a counting sheep contest for great prizes, enjoy live music from The Heroes (Grossmont Center only) and KPRI Radio Popup Bands (Parkway Plaza only), view eye-catching installations and interact with dream interpreters. Donations will be accepted at the events and can also be made online at www.givethedream.net.
Specifically designed for community colleges, Dreamkeepers was created by Scholarship America®, a Minneapolis-based organization that has helped more than 2 million students follow their dream of achieving a college education. Grossmont and Cuyamaca colleges are two of only 43 community colleges around the nation selected to participate in the Dreamkeepers program. Since 2010, nearly $100,000 has been granted to 280 Grossmont and Cuyamaca students. Students facing an emergency receive not only financial assistance, but resources to help them build their money-management skills.
Give the Dream events are FREE and open to the public, and will take place on Saturday, March 16, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the following locations:
5500 Grossmont Center Drive
La Mesa, CA 91942
415 Parkway Plaza
El Cajon, CA 92020
Santee Trolley Square Center
9884 Mission Gorge Road
Santee, CA 92071
Additionally, on Thursday, March 14 from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m., a Give the Dream fundraising extravaganza for faculty and students will be held on the Grossmont and Cuyamaca campuses.
Give the Dream is sponsored locally by Wells Fargo and the Jerry Lester Foundation, with additional support from Wal-Mart, Barona Resort & Casino, Grossmont Center, Sycuan Casino and California Coast Credit Union.
For more information on Give the Dream events and how you can support the cause, call (619) 644-7109 or visit www.givethedream.net.
SpearHall Advertising & PR
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks