|By Business Wire||
|February 6, 2013 11:26 AM EST||
In a move that underscores the benefits of open source cloud computing, MPSTOR (http://www.mpstor.com/) today released a private cloud edition of its OrkestraTM cloud platform. Orkestra ‘All-in-One’ transforms low cost, off-the-shelf servers into fully-featured private clouds, in a single-step, ‘plug and boot’ install process.
“The Orkestra ‘All-in-One’ Cloud is a low-cost, easy-to-use cloud computing platform”, said Tony McEnroe, MPSTOR’s CEO. “It radically reduces the cost of IT for small and medium-sized companies who want the performance and functionality of multi-site or distributed computer and storage networks but who do not have the IT budget or staff to manage these costly and complex alternatives.”
The Orkestra suite of private and public cloud services platforms are built around OpenStack, the ubiquitous open-source cloud computing platform, founded by Rackspace and Nasa in 2010 and which is now supported by most of the world’s leading IT companies.
“MPSTOR has integrated all of its acclaimed storage virtualization and storage array management capability into the Orkestra Private Cloud Platform”, said William Oppermann, MPSTOR’s Founder and CTO. “This results in a private cloud solution, which has all of the enterprise features of a public cloud platform, including policy-driven SLAs, storage virtualization, multi-tiered storage support, multi-tenant management and much more.”
Orkestra ‘All-in-One’ and a free Orkestra-Lite edition are available for download, from the MPSTOR website at www.mpstor.com and will run on a wide range of X86 server platforms. Please contact email@example.com with any product related queries.
Located in Ireland, the US and Taiwan, privately held MPSTOR is a designer and supplier of cloud services platforms and data storage management software. MPSTOR’s flagship open-platform storage management software, MPStackware™ scales from entry level to enterprise performance at cost effective prices and runs on standard x86 platforms.
Note to Editors:
The MPSTOR logo, MPStackware and Orkestra are trademarks or registered trademarks of MPSTOR. All other trademarks are the property of their respective holders.
# # #
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks