|By JCN Newswire||
|February 6, 2013 03:41 AM EST||
Tokyo, Feb 6, 2013 - (JCN Newswire) - JUKI Corporation ("JUKI") and Sony Corporation ("Sony") today announced that they have signed a legally non-binding memorandum of intent to carry on the discussion regarding the possible integration of the surface-mount technology ("SMT") equipment and related businesses of JUKI and Sony EMCS Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony ("Sony EMCS"), under a newly established company ("New Company"). This integration is intended to strengthen the competitiveness of each company's respective SMT equipment and related businesses. The New Company is expected to be established by capital injection from JUKI and Sony, respectively, with JUKI holding more than two thirds of the total shares.
JUKI and Sony will continue further discussions with the aim of entering into a legally binding definitive agreement and proceeding with this business integration by the end of September, 2013, subject to any necessary approvals of the authorities concerned.
Sony Corporation is a leading manufacturer of audio, video, game, communications, key device and information technology products for the consumer and professional markets. With its music, pictures, computer entertainment and on-line businesses, Sony is uniquely positioned to be the leading electronics and entertainment company in the world. Sony recorded consolidated annual sales of approximately $79 billion for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2012. Sony Global Web Site: http://www.sony.net/
Sony Corporation Corporate Communications T: +81-3-6748-2200 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2013 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. www.japancorp.net
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks